• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best insurer for young type r driver

Thanks for posting about Bell!

I insured myself with Admiral today, I am now going to cancel with their 14 day money back option and go with Bell. It will save me £140!

Make sure you read all the small print with Bell.

Was insured with them when i first got a CTR.
A few things they omitted from their policy that i thought would be pretty standard in Comprehensive cover;

I was not insured against uninsured driver faults unless I paid extra (it was a bolt-on to the policy, not issued in standard cover).

I was not insured against damages caused by natural disasters, eg wind damage, flooding, thunderstorm etc.

I was not insured for accidental damage claims if you had ANY alcohol in your system (even if well below the legal limit).

Have a read through the policy document.

Also, expect Bell's quoted price to go right out the window if you're not paying it all in one go - I was quoted round about £1000, when 22 with 0ncb for the same reasons - now it works out about £1400 paying it monthly :mad:

Back