• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Best Jack

R3L

Hopefully a quick and easy one guys

Been doing some things to the car the last few days but my jacks just cant lift the front fully to allow me to use axle stands on the front.

Can anyone link me a jack or tell me the height I will need to lift the front and rear

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Just to add my aim is to lift the front wheels fully at the same time then do the same for the rear.

Cheers,

I have a Halfords low profile jack. Does the job. You'd probably be fine with a standard height jack too unless you've slammed it on coilies y0.

I have a Halfords low profile jack. Does the job. You'd probably be fine with a standard height jack too unless you've slammed it on coilies y0.
Lol no its still standard ride height at moment. I have a low profile jack but jacking at front I maxed it out before it even lifted the wheels at front - Never tried rear yet.

Have another normal jack but just a touch to high to get under the front jacking point :D

Where are you jacking it? What are you jacking it on?

I had to fcuk around to jack my skyline up, I had to drive it onto bricks first and then jack centrally under the front subframe or from the rear diff. I used to jack the EP3 from the sill jack point and could get both wheels off the floor (just) with a standard home gamer trolley jack. That is, one wheel really high and the other an inch or so off the floor.

Where are you jacking it? What are you jacking it on?

I had to fcuk around to jack my skyline up, I had to drive it onto bricks first and then jack centrally under the front subframe or from the rear diff. I used to jack the EP3 from the sill jack point and could get both wheels off the floor (just) with a standard home gamer trolley jack. That is, one wheel really high and the other an inch or so off the floor.
Just in my garage its a wee garage but enough room to work its flat surface but I never actually thought about driving onto bricks that would give me clearance to try the other jack but it does seem a bit of a fcuk around when the garage is wee and I just want to get on.

Ideally after something I can jack from the centre at the front axle stand it then at least I have the other 2 jacks spare to use with the axle stands.

Will try the brick method though if I don't get anything

Just in my garage its a wee garage but enough room to work its flat surface but I never actually thought about driving onto bricks that would give me clearance to try the other jack but it does seem a bit of a fcuk around when the garage is wee and I just want to get on.

Ideally after something I can jack from the centre at the front axle stand it then at least I have the other 2 jacks spare to use with the axle stands.

Will try the brick method though if I don't get anything

Sorry I mean, where on the car are you currently jacking from? I'm surprised you can't get a jack stand under using the sill jack point. Even the scissor jack should take it high enough for this purpose.... Or maybe you've got really needlessly tall jack stands?

Sorry I mean, where on the car are you currently jacking from? I'm surprised you can't get a jack stand under using the sill jack point. Even the scissor jack should take it high enough for this purpose.... Or maybe you've got really needlessly tall jack stands?
Aaa I get you no worries I can lift the car from the sill jack points without issue its just that when I do that I cant use that spot for the axle stand - Is there another safe spot I could put it? What I cant do is use the jacking point on the front subframe to lift both front wheels and allow me to put both axle stands at the front the lower the car onto them whilst keeping the Jack at the front as a backup.

I used to use the sill to jack then IIRC shoved the stands under the chassis rails. Occasionally the towing eye.

Here's some other random examples...

cache.php

attachment.php

[video=youtube;K7rcp3gq-Hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7rcp3gq-Hw[/video]

Here's some other random examples...

cache.php

attachment.php

[video=youtube;K7rcp3gq-Hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7rcp3gq-Hw[/video]
Legend thank you will check these out when im finished work

I’d vote for you too Jack :swoon: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been shopping around for various jacks recently and the only real suggestion I have is getting something like the Sealey 2001LERE or a similar design. A decent high-lift in comparison to the images above, then you can put the stands under the sill mount points after using the jack from the hardened mid-points indicated (middle front strengthened point on the subframe and at the middle of lower-arm mount at the rear).

Back