• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best pound for pound brake pad!!

On my EP3 and DC5 i ran braided lines, uprated fluid, DS2500 and OEM discs. I never experienced brake fade with this setup, ever. More than good enough unless running F/I IMO.

And that is including track days at Brands, Silverstone, Combe, Spa, Nurburgring, Rockingham. etc

So, what im saying is don't go and spend money on after market discs as A. they are not needed and B. unless you are spending hundreds per disc then the OEM will be just as good.

I mean, do they still make that Powerslot big brake disc kit thing? What a load of utter crap that is lol

Last edited by a moderator:
From personal experience, the DS2500 faded for me on a Brands Hatch track day but yellow stuff just went on and on and on. but then again, each persons driving style is different. (thats on OEM disc's).

I am planning on buying the EBC bladed disc's and bluestuff pads next, something i don't believe anyone on here has tried together or even on their individual.

I've been looking at discs aswell to be honest mate haven't purchased any funds won't allow it yet but I saw ABP motorsport are doing both front and rear pair of Stoptech discs for £330 all in which I thought sounded quite good

I've got ds2500 all round braided lines and brembo discs and it stops really well even when cold I love the squeak you get off them too haha

Just checked with my mate who owned my car before me it actually has ds3000 in the front and 2500 in the rear

Back