• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best wax for cosmic grey ?

been using Autoglym hd wax however finished the tub almost so.......same again or?

have been thinking about dodo juice waxes
but not sure which one to go for

Try the Poorboys range. The Natty Blue Paste works really well on darker colours, and smells amazing.

Willing to spend £50 or a bit more

Get a sealer and a wax IMO.

I personally seal with Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection and wax using Collinite 476s. My car is silver and still gives off a good shine with these. Water will still bead for a good few months even after washes (using a wax safe product).

But for a darker car I'd seal with Auto Glym EGP (hard to beat £ for £ IMO) or Gtechniq and then wax with Natty Blue as NYA said or use http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-915-marque-d-39-elegance/prod_281.html for a proper long lasting protection. I personally don't like using soft waxes as it's very easy to put too much on.

slightly swaying to the 476s after some reading
comes in such a un-appealing tin ive never given it a look :lol:

:lol: yeah the tin easily looks like something from 30 years ago. I've used mine loads and there's still a decent amount left, looks like it's going to last me a good few years.

Trick with that is to lay it on thin, too much and it's a right cnut to buff off. I use mine on household furniture too, especially coffee tables and chrome taps. Makes cleaning them a little easier too.

I think it's down to preference really, try different products and see which you like best (to work with and results). I use Meguiars products on mine and got no complaints about the stuff. I like the results I get and I find the products easy to work with.

nothing wrong with autoglym HD wax, collinite is supposed to be a bit hardier for the winter months though. I've just gone over my car with fk1000p sealant with Autoglym HD over the top.

nothing wrong with autoglym HD wax, collinite is supposed to be a bit hardier for the winter months though. I've just gone over my car with fk1000p sealant with Autoglym HD over the top.

I've never got whether FK is a sealant or a wax. It says paste wax on the tin but is sold under the sealant section. It's very good stuff though, meant to be ideal for protecting alloys.

As far as I know its a sealant and according to detailing world it's a sealant. It's something to do with how they're made I believe, I think waxes have natural ingredients and sealants are man made ingredients.

i saw the paste wax bit when I purchased some at the beginning of the month but I've always believed it to be a sealant. Either way it gets good reviews and seems to be doing a good enough job on my car so far. Which is good enough for me.

i have previously been using Autoglym HD wax just wondered if there was any else i could buy for a bit more that was better

It's trial and error really different people prefer different waxes, for different reasons from what I gather. Dodo juice waxes do generally get decent reviews, detailing worlds a decent forum to gauge people's reactions to different products. Collinite or fk1000p would be a good choice to apply now as they're both seen as pretty durable so should see you through the winter period and there both relatively cheap aswel.

Have heard bilt hamber products are brilliant but I can't speak from experience as I've not tried them yet, I still have plenty of the autoglym hd wax.

Certain waxes are designed to bring certain colours out, i used bouncers capture the rapture on my cosmic grey, as it brought out the flakes in the paint. I had tried autofinesse and dodo juice but didnt get the same affect.

Back