• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best wheel cleaner?

I have just had my CTR wheels refurbished and thay now need cleaning! normaly use wonder wheels to clean them but have been told its not good for the them and can cause them to bubble and peal! What do you guys use?

I use Bilberry also, spray on and leave while I wash the car, then rinse off. Great stuff.

3rd vote for valet pro's billbury. Makes both the megs and auto glym cleaners (both of which i have used) look crap.

Billberry valet pro is your friend.

I use it in conjunction with one of these. I wet the wheel with a hose with spray attachment, then squirt a couple of shots of billberry into the brush and then cleean the wheel with the brush. Gets into all the nooks and cranny's on DC5 wheels (around wheel nuts also), but might be a bit big for the spokes on an EP3. Toothbrush will do instead for this. Literally no elbow grease is required and you can build up quite a lather using this technique. Just rinse away when finished and repeat if you miss anywhere.

I think he was implying that it's very easy to spend a lot of money on that site. I should know, I've forked out a small fortune on there over the past two years.

Spot on, I've not used the site before so no idea on customer service etc but i've heard they're good. They have too much stuff I want!

That Bilberry stuff's awesome, smells great too.

Spent £300 or so on that site so far, still a few things I need too. Just need to start using it now instead of giving the car quick washes all the time... :lol:

One other product worth considering is Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner, this comes in a 3.78 litre tub and is diluted 4:1 for wheels. It is cheap, safe and versatile and it can be used diluted 10:1 for carpets and interiors including your kitchen!!

Wonder wheels normally comes top in reviews, Auto glym custom wheel normally gets high marks aswell. I use Meg's hot rims myself, but I bought black alloys so the muck doesnt show up as much so im a cheat :p

Be really careful, a lot of these products are very good because they are corrosive. For example I have used Meguiars Wheel Brightener in the past getting excellent results. I stopped using it when I found it was attacking the lacquer on my Honda S2000 disk brakes. Wonder wheels formulae use to be similar, it may have changed but, hey.... :)

That Bilberry stuff's awesome, smells great too.

Me too, excellent stuff, seemed to be the perfect match for my CW wheels. :cool:

Lasts forever too due to the fact you can dilute it massively. :D

I use a sponge which I have cut in half along with the rest of the shampoo and water in the clean bucket which I cleaned the car with. :)

Back