• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Big brake kit by TGM Sport for EP3...

Sara I take it the rotor size goes down as well then to fit? Should be worth a gander. May have to give Tom a ring...

Thought that I would update this thread as I have given the kit a good thrashing @ Knockhill :twisted: … I have to say the stopping power is awesome!!! Found myself braking a lot earlier than I needed, but it’s learning braking all over again;)... Knockhill will test the best of braking systems,,, (A lot of hard braking zones) and I have to say all in all this set up is great :twisted:... Will have to look into a better set of brake pads thou,,, the Hawk fast road pads where good but after 6 very hard laps they started to fade,,, but as road pads go they produced very little dust… Will wear them out and look into a more race based compound :twisted: …

So what are they like on the road as this is where the car spends most of its life?

^^ Sounds good mate, ill have to add them to the wish list now.

Do you think there is any need for them for just road use? I drive pretty hard and I think more and more im getting later on the brakes and one day I will overcook it - so maybe time to upgrade?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you can justify the cost outlay then they are a very good fast road upgrade,,, on track days is when you get the full benifit...

Oups looks like there will be a set fitted to my car on monday:lol:

CIMG0625.jpg

CIMG0626.jpg

Had them fitted yesterday. Only done 40 miles atm, so another 200 and I can try them properly. :lol:

Startrack Was that your car down there?

Out of interest why would you want to get this kit for a DC5 when that already has Brembos.

Changing to something bigger like stoptechs would be more sensible for a DC5 IMO

Out of interest why would you want to get this kit for a DC5 when that already has Brembos.

Changing to something bigger like stoptechs would be more sensible for a DC5 IMO

this kit is bigger than the DC5 breaks. It is comparable to the StopTech one. I dont think the DC5 has proper floating disks and the calipers are bigger.

this kit is bigger than the DC5 breaks. It is comparable to the StopTech one. I dont think the DC5 has proper floating disks and the calipers are bigger.

Yes I know all that and I know the TGM kit is going to be better than stock DC5, but my point is if your spending this amount of cash on a brake upgrade, and you already have decent brakes then you may as well spend that little bit extra on huge Stoptechs etc.

Its different on the Civic as its a huge upgrade from stock.

Back