• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bl**dy ALARM!

Once again this morning the car alarm on my honda civic type r ep3 pre-facelift 2003 plate has gone off and once again it was cold and the car was frosted over. So ive put this up before not really had any help any ideas on what might be setting it off before i go and pay somebody to look

There was an issue with the ultrasonic sonic sensor being over sensative and going off in the night. I bought one brand new in 2003 and the alarm was going off in the night within days of picking it up. The sensors were changed within a week under warrenty.

One way to prove it is the sensors is to lock it without activating them. To do this hold the exterior door handle on the drivers door up and press the lock plunger thing on top of the inside of the door then shut the door (still holding the handle up). This will lock the car and activate the alarm with the exception of the ultrasonic sensors. Then see if it still goes off on the night.

'03 EP3 - I had an alarm issue about 4 months after I got it in 2009. One evening. the alarm wouldnt stop going off no matter what, I drove it back home and everytime I moved in the car - it kept going off! I then got home and that was that, it never happened again (touches head) touch wood.
Very strange...

"One way to prove it is the sensors is to lock it without activating them. To do this hold the exterior door handle on the drivers door up and press the lock plunger thing on top of the inside of the door then shut the door (still holding the handle up). This will lock the car and activate the alarm with the exception of the ultrasonic sensors. Then see if it still goes off on the night. "

does this actually worked just did but seem to lock the same way as if i did it with the key fob any way of telling with the alarm not actually going off

does this actually worked just did but seem to lock the same way as if i did it with the key fob any way of telling with the alarm not actually going off

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it! That's how you lock an EP3 without activating the ultrasonics, it's in the owners handbook.

Do it with a window open then after a minutes stick your arm inside and wave it around, it won't go off.

Back