• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Blow By?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ironhide_facepalm.jpg

:lol:

It beggars belief doesn't it?

Facepalm actually.

I'm also inquisative as to whether I can build up a back pressure by putting my hand over and occluding a running exhaust tail pipe. Just because I'm inquisitive, doesn't mean I will do it.

Facepalm actually.

I'm also inquisative as to whether I can build up a back pressure by putting my hand over and occluding a running exhaust tail pipe. Just because I'm inquisitive, doesn't mean I will do it.

course you can, you have to create a sufficient seal with the palm of your hand.:p

why the facepalm then. because someone has taken there oil fill cap off?

You answered your own question there chap.

i just don't understand the problem with taking your filler cap off whilst running. how else do you check for blow by?

people are saying there's more chance for crap to get in your engine and fcuk it up, but running or not running there is still a hole for crap to get into.

i lost my filler cap when i visited relatives up north and drove 100+ miles with a t-shirt tightly folded and wedged in the hole.

as the old saying goes "if a man feels the need to remove his filler cap whilst the engine is running, for no reason what so ever, just to see what's inside, then leave him be"

what is blow by?
i am baffled as to why you would need to remove the filler cap when the engine is running?

i lost my filler cap when i visited relatives up north and drove 100+ miles with a t-shirt tightly folded and wedged in the hole.

****ing lol.

How did you lose your oil cap??? Taking it off, juts for a laugh and forgetting to put it back on??

what is blow by?
i am baffled as to why you would need to remove the filler cap when the engine is running?

Blow by is where exhaust gas's leak past the piston rings or past valve stems creating pressure in the rocker cover or steaming out when oil filler cap is removed.
Other than that there is no reason to remove oil filler cap unless filling with oil. But there is no law saying you cant. Its your motor you can do what you want with it.

Aswell as checking for blow by, Why don't you check to see if your cams are moving, by putting your index finger in there.....

****ing lol.

How did you lose your oil cap??? Taking it off, juts for a laugh and forgetting to put it back on??

yeah i always take it off for a laugh. its real funny taking your oil fill cap. we all stand round in a big circle and laugh, pointing, because its so funny.

i topped up with oil and did'nt screw it back on properly. lost it on the A1.

Now I think abut it, I remember reading about something similar on this website here http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/

If you are not a member it does not take long to sign up :smt023

There are various other questions similar to this one on there also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back