• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Are your VOLKS going to fit over the brakes. Dibs.
Eibach hub centric spacers Sun. You know why I have to run them :)
Lol Mike, ad08s enroute. I remember when Paul asked me if I had tyre shine on after the first run. All I could think was, i cant remember but if I had, it would've been followed by 3 track days. Don't think there's any tyre shine on those tyres

Just... 3 things.. If they're hub-centric; are these the bolt on spacers 'that bolt to your existing hub' then the wheels mount to the spacer? If so, that's not meant to be the safest way to space (apparently) - especially as you'll be tracking yours. Other thing is, if they're longer replacement studs - which is simply a case of replacing the existing studs for longer ones; this is the safest way apparently - but it's not a case of simply replacing OEM, IF facelift hubs are like PFL hubs... there is no space to remove the existing studs due to the bearing behind the hub face - so you need to remove the whole hub (ballache).. I'm sure, if this is the case, TGM will do the job - but it might be prudent to get these done whislt its on the ramp for suspension... BUT if it's all too much for you... I guess I could take your Volks off of you. All of that is true BTW, and I'm jesting about the RAY's.

Hub-centric are only 'not safe' because people forget to torque up the nuts from the hub to the spacer and just do the nuts on the wheels.

Perfectly fine IMHO. ;)

I know Sun, just like me with your MF-10's (although I would buy them if they were up for sale) :lol:

The simple answer on the spacers is.... I'm leaving it up to Tom. As you know, if Tom's working on the car, there's no need to worry about it being safe. Appreciate the heads up though :)

Loxy... they might be... but at the limit, they're not recommended over replacement studs - infact, spacers aren't recommended at all.. Wider wheels are - it's just a heads up, as I've dealt with my fair share of spacing issues... ;) Just: Yeah, I'd buy the Volks too... LOL... Course Tom knows what he's doing... from experience seperating the bearing/hub required a 12-tonne press LOL... Just for replacement studs.

I'm just saying in it... I promised myself that I would make this common knowledge after the ballache I had replacing studs - it's bound to help someone, or at least give them an idea of what they're in for... because it isn't simply old studs out, new ones in... as they are for the Civic. This is more about the hassle concerning spacing rather than safety elements on a DC5(that's not to say I don't care about you Justin. :love: )...

Don't see what all the fuss is about :)

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

LOL.. As expertly done as that, right there, might have been done - that does not inspire me, personally, with confidence - that spacer is massive LOL.

Yeah hubcentric is.. I know that.. but you can get bolt on type hub-centric, and replacement stud type hub-centre.. that's not being disputed..

Back