• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bonnet Wrap

Hi has anyone wrapped their own bonnet? Was thinking of having a bash but i am a complete novice!

How complicated is it? What tools do i need and what kind of cost are we talking? i was quoted £240 in my area and that can do one!

Griffin, a banned member, wrapped his bonnet. Not sure if it's a how to or if it's in his members car thread. But he linked the wrap and tools he used.
By all accounts it held up pretty well. Check YouTube for some tutorials as well, you will need an extra set of hands for ease.

Just had two quotes from places in my area, first was £210 and second was better at £156.

Still undecided on whether I'm going to try this myself!

I've not done anything as big a a bonnet, but I've done various other bits of my old Fiesta. The 3M stuff is pretty easy to work with tbh. As long as you heat it enough it will stretch a lot, and with it being warm it is easy to remove and replace if you get a bubble or two. Just be ready to take it slowly and be patient, if you get frustrated you can really bugger this stuff up easily.
Have a look at some of the YouTube videos on ways to work with the stuff, there are some good videos on there that are really helpful.

Just had two quotes from places in my area, first was £210 and second was better at £156.

Still undecided on whether I'm going to try this myself!

It's up to you mate, if you are patient enough to do it then you could save atleast £100. :D

Back