• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BRZ/GT86 vs CTR

Now i know both cars have the same power output stock for stock but the BRZ/GT86 is a tiny bit lighter. Which would really prevail in a straight line? I know the CTR boasts almost a whole second quicker on 0-60 but is this really true? Of course the BRZ/GT86 is the better handler but it's not the point, Just want to know what makes the civic a whole second quicker? fwd? gear ratio? :S

So you're basically asking why is one 2.0l car quicker than completely different 2.0l car? :lol:

After I drove the GT86, I would never buy one in a million years. They are dull to drive normally, have an awful interior, they are too soft, not enough noise, the list could go on. The first time I ever drove an EP, I knew I wanted it there and then. I would take the EP over the 86 any day of the week. Until Subaru release the STi version, they for me, will never make their full potential.

To get the most out of the GT86/BRZ you have to give it some beans in the corners. They have been designed to get the back end out without over doing the power so they are controllable.

so the CTR and the GT86 are completely different cars in essence.

I'd go for the Toyota given the choice.

I love how not a single reply to this thread managed to answer the question.....even remotely.

The EP has a higher rev range, simples. You can keep your foot in, when the GT is running out of revs. It's no big mystery.

To get the most out of the GT86/BRZ you have to give it some beans in the corners. They have been designed to get the back end out without over doing the power so they are controllable.

so the CTR and the GT86 are completely different cars in essence.

I'd go for the Toyota given the choice.

Oh I know the differences Tone, I just found the GT a very dull drive, I did try to give it the beans and get the back out, but it just didn't seem to want to break. Maybe it was due to it being a scorcher of a day or the fact the sales reps fat ass was in the back:lol: I like the look of the Rocket Bunny kitted GT's and the BenSopra ones. But I don't think they are as amazing as they have been touted. The STi version from Scoob could change all that though. I think then it will rapidly become one of the great cars at the moment.

I love how not a single reply to this thread managed to answer the question.....even remotely.

I think it's because your question is like asking which is better between a BTCC car and a WRC car.
They both have the same power (ish) but do completely different jobs.

Oh I know the differences Tone, I just found the GT a very dull drive, I did try to give it the beans and get the back out, but it just didn't seem to want to break. Maybe it was due to it being a scorcher of a day or the fact the sales reps fat ass was in the back:lol: I like the look of the Rocket Bunny kitted GT's and the BenSopra ones. But I don't think they are as amazing as they have been touted. The STi version from Scoob could change all that though. I think then it will rapidly become one of the great cars at the moment.

an sti version sounds like it would win me over too.....I'm already quite sold on the whole look of the BRZ, i think they look nice but that engine doesn't seem exciting enough for me at all. If subaru can manage at least 31mpg combined from the sti like the ctr then that would be pretty damn amazing as fuel economy is really what's been killing their market to date.

You'll never get to drive it properly witha sales rep in situ. Plus they always take you down the countries worst driving roads. Numptys.

You'll never get to drive it properly witha sales rep in situ. Plus they always take you down the countries worst driving roads. Numptys.

I don't know, I did hear him whimper from the back seat when I clutch kicked it going round a very large roundabout:lol:

well that does makes sense, finally an attempt at answering the thread.

Not sure this makes sense? Doesn't really matter what the revs go to, its the gear ratios. EP probably shorter geared so although revs higher you would actually get to top revs earlier (assuming power the same etc etc).

I have driven a GT86 and felt similar performance wise, although Im sure FN2 had the edge.
So many variables its hard to say for sure though. Could the GT86 have needed more running in to loosen up?

If both 200 bhp and similar weight you would expect similar performance, or even gt86 to be better to 60 due to rwd traction. Then slower after by a tad due to more drivetrain loss, but then aero and drag maybe better on gt86 at higher speeds too.

BUT gt86 quoted at a poor 7.6 secs to 60, for that power to weight ratio and rwd its just not right. Either its a pessimistic claim for insurance or something, or have read some engines only making 170-180 bhp, which could explain it?

Basically ???

I had a go at answering though :)

Back