• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bulbs

I went through 2 sets of cheap Ebay ones, terrible colour matching to 6000k and didnt last long at all, Hids4U FTW.

I can't help you with colour, as that's usually down to preference... and I've no idea which ones you've bought before, but what I can tell you is there's two main problems with LED bulbs in cars... voltage fluctuations and heat... the latter is what kills most LED bulbs in cars but the newer generation of SMD LEDs tend to come with heatsinks which helps quite a bit. If you're looking for 1w SMD LEDs, get one with a heatsink. Don't go for the clustered LEDs as these will die on you within a few weeks.

The most reliable LED 501s ones have been the likes of PIAA, Raybrig, Polarg etc but these are very expensive. Best cheap alternative are those with single SMD LED with finned heatsinks around the base of the LED. They're not quite as bright and not quite as resistant to voltage spikes but they are the best of the cheap ones... There are plenty on ebay for around £5 but colour-wise you will have to check with the seller as these vary a lot.

Don't really want to recommend a particular seller to be fair... but as I say there's plenty around.

HTHs :)

I can't help you with colour, as that's usually down to preference... and I've no idea which ones you've bought before, but what I can tell you is there's two main problems with LED bulbs in cars... voltage fluctuations and heat... the latter is what kills most LED bulbs in cars but the newer generation of SMD LEDs tend to come with heatsinks which helps quite a bit. If you're looking for 1w SMD LEDs, get one with a heatsink. Don't go for the clustered LEDs as these will die on you within a few weeks.

The most reliable LED 501s ones have been the likes of PIAA, Raybrig, Polarg etc but these are very expensive. Best cheap alternative are those with single SMD LED with finned heatsinks around the base of the LED. They're not quite as bright and not quite as resistant to voltage spikes but they are the best of the cheap ones... There are plenty on ebay for around £5 but colour-wise you will have to check with the seller as these vary a lot.

Don't really want to recommend a particular seller to be fair... but as I say there's plenty around.

HTHs :)

Good comment.

Back