• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

caliper painting

Danger200

hi people

i wondered if there was a walk through for painting calipers, or if anyone could give me some tips on how to do it?
do i need to pinch the brake lines aswell?

thanks for your help

neily you make it sound so easy lol i did think about red but silver looks good also, hmmm.

do i use anything to clean the caliper? is it safe to paint the little hub bit inbetween?

neily you make it sound so easy lol i did think about red but silver looks good also, hmmm.

do i use anything to clean the caliper? is it safe to paint the little hub bit inbetween?

I used this degrease stuff in an areosal can that some toe bar fitting shmuck gave me followed by wire brushing. I painted my hubs yes, hard to keep them clean though.

I used this degrease stuff in an areosal can that some toe bar fitting shmuck gave me followed by wire brushing. I painted my hubs yes, hard to keep them clean though.

how would i go about finding this shmuck? :lol:
do you know the name of the stuff?

otherwise i may do what neily has said, i have the auto glym engine degreaser, would that work ok or isnt it safe being near my pads and discs?

Caliper paint is far superiror to hammerite imo. The colours are a lot brighter. I've had experience with both.

Cleaning wise, i used some sand paper, didn't need it tbh...

I did a bit of masking too ^_^

4424_78628814022_510409022_1814429_5363292_n.jpg

n510409022_1814433_7006329.jpg

Then blinged them :D

2009_0530calisbadges0006640x480.jpg

Best bit of advice is to take your time, and the cleaner you get the calipers the better it will look.

Mine......

SV400306.jpg

i think i will go for red as it looks very brembo, my calipers dont have type r wrote on them though.
so did you lot do both sides at the same time? i have some old caliper paint and it has enough for four calipers but it says it has a hardener that i have to mix it with and i only have an hour or two time slot before it goes hard.

cheers joe, masking tape would be a good idea actually.
suits, it looks like your car is floating lol

mm+086.jpg

A tribute to the guy on VWVortex who wanted to add a bit of bling to his ride :lol:

hahaha what a numpty, did he get abuse for doing that?

cheers jermal, if i could afford brembos:rolleyes:. thinking about it i would probably end up driving something french with R26 in the name and no-one wants that on their conscience

Back