• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cam cover colour

Danger200

Good afternoon peeps.

Weren't really sure where to post this, but I am going for an orange theme with my Civic and I quite like the Mugen orange of my 10bhp socks.

Is there any car out there with a very similar colour? The only reason I ask is because I want to paint my RARB in the same colour. The only standard car colour I have found that comes close is the SEAT Leon orange. I did consider the ST orange too.

I ideally need a colour I can purchase from Halfrauds should I want to paint some other things using a rattle can.

Any advice?
Cheers

ST orange is pretty close to the socks I'd say, without giving it too much thought :) .

I agree actually (as below)

Bit of wasted thread :lol: someone still may come up with another good suggestion though.

ye59sfy-1.jpg

ford_focus_st_2005-L.jpg

29353340039_large.jpg

I quite like the Mugen orange of my 10bhp socks.

Haha, amazing!

Anyway, cloth, metal, wood, plastic,... you'll never get a 100% match on different materials, but I'm pretty sure you're aware of that.
However, the Leon orange comes close mate :)

I'd never swap the honda "red detail colour" for anything else... Guess it's personal taste

Oh yeah I realised it won't be spot on. I think I will have to whip a sock out and actually put it next to orange cars in the flesh to get the best match.

Yeah alot of people are purists like yourself, I have nothing against that at all. There are alot of Type Rs around my area and they follow the same trend, red calipers, red hoses, red this red that :lol:

Same colour as the socks is overkill IMO mart. Personally, I'd use the rocker as the contrast colour and everything else would be orange (battery tie/washers/strut bracket/).

Your shout nonetheless. The SEAT orange is a nice match; better match than the ST Orange IMO - it's not as deep if you k ow shat I mean.

I intend on having the washers and possibly dome nuts in orange but I'm still unsure whether I really want to spend £30 odd on washers :lol:
I wasn't too sure though as there's a dude on CTRO who has an orange cover and it doesn't look too bad, but not the orange I like.

But yeah strut brace will have the ends orange, SFS hose will be orange (if I can source a second hand one). I did consider a black cam cover with orange lettering.......I really cannot make my mind up though mate.

I intend on having the washers and possibly dome nuts in orange but I'm still unsure whether I really want to spend £30 odd on washers :lol:
I wasn't too sure though as there's a dude on CTRO who has an orange cover and it doesn't look too bad, but not the orange I like.

But yeah strut brace will have the ends orange, SFS hose will be orange (if I can source a second hand one). I did consider a black cam cover with orange lettering.......I really cannot make my mind up though mate.

If you're having that much orange i wouldn't have an orange cam cover myself.

Match the cam cover to car with orange lettering?

Silver cam cover? But then I have a silver fuse cover and the iVTEC cover in silver, I don't know if that would look ok or not.

Silver cam cover? But then I have a silver fuse cover and the iVTEC cover in silver, I don't know if that would look ok or not.

ahh good point - get rid of the ivtec cover then. If you're spraying the cam cover you'd want to show it off so might as well just get rid.

I think you would regret it mate. Get it absolutely mint under there and spend the money elsewhere IMO.

I will post some recent fail pics of my engine bay for you lol. I have too many bits now.

ahh good point - get rid of the ivtec cover then. If you're spraying the cam cover you'd want to show it off so might as well just get rid.

^This. If you're going to have your cam cover resparayed, it's a shame to cover a large proportion of it up with a manifold cover. That's why I sold my carbon one.

^This. If you're going to have your cam cover resparayed, it's a shame to cover a large proportion of it up with a manifold cover. That's why I sold my carbon one.

That's a good point, it just gets dirty and doesn't do anything anyway. I may wrap the plug cover in CF or buy the ones for sale on here as I don't want it to clash. Without that I think it looks messy under there.

I think you would regret it mate. Get it absolutely mint under there and spend the money elsewhere IMO.

I will post some recent fail pics of my engine bay for you lol. I have too many bits now.

There are a few things I want to clean up but it isn't too bad IMO:

after1w.jpg

after2bv.jpg

Cool, post them up mate :lol:

If you think it looks messy, you could get an AEM fuel rail and have it anodised in Orange.

I think a gloss black cover with Orange writing would look :cool:

I'll try and Photoshop you some colour combos if I get chance to give you an idea.

Cheers Tony, I will be very grateful if you could.

I will say though that I am having the same problem that you had not so long ago, one of the dome nuts will not undo. The fcuker just keeps spinning :mad: I don't know what to do. I don't even know what bloody part I need.

Back