• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cams

TP ran the K2's for a while. From memory they made nigh on the same power as the Toda A3s but were slightly more aggressive in the way they made the power, and were noisier on the valvetrain than the Todas as well.

TP ran the K2's for a while. From memory they made nigh on the same power as the Toda A3s but were slightly more aggressive in the way they made the power, and were noisier on the valvetrain than the Todas as well.

Thanks for the info buddy, i'd rather the quieter valvetrain operation so i will look into the toda A3's.

;)

To save posting a new thread....

Are DC5 cams a worthwhile mod for a uk ep3? Rest of spec will be gruppe m/J's, toda exh., toda cat back, K-Pro. Plans are to add a JRSC at the start of next year. Also need to know if i need the springs/retainers to go with them...?

To save posting a new thread....

Are DC5 cams a worthwhile mod for a uk ep3? Rest of spec will be gruppe m/J's, toda exh., toda cat back, K-Pro. Plans are to add a JRSC at the start of next year. Also need to know if i need the springs/retainers to go with them...?

No, more money than they're worth tbh.

If you want to stay with Honda cams, the most agressive ones are the 06+ Acura TSX cams. Fit straight into the K20A2, and have more lift and duration than any Type R Cam.

I'm currently looking into cams for my car, there's a lot out there, that's for sure.

hmmm interesting thread, i'm either going for forced induction ie charger or was thinking of keeping things n/a.

i might just be tempted totry the toda a3's now:twisted:

Why A3's ? there are lots more cams that Toda do which will be fine for fast road.

My choice would be the Toda Spec C, more agressive then the A3's.

blueprint cams are very good give a wider power band than the likes of skunk2 etc and very well made but if your on a budget i'd go for brian crower both companies make good boost cams aswel.

Went and got myself some DC5 cams cheap. Anyone know if the valves clearances will be different than the stock cams or is it just a straight swap?

Word on the street is that Cosworth are expanding their K20 range of engine internals to include both NA and FI cams.

Could be worth a mooch.

Seano

Back