• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Camshafts

Great idea, plus take my too sons along they will reduce the workshop to rubble in a couple of hours.

The threats worked a treat booked in for the 8th & 9th of February, in time for Silverstone :lol:

Friendy said:
The threats worked a treat booked in for the 8th & 9th of February, in time for Silverstone :lol:

Good man, look forward to seeing the results :twisted:

Nice one Friendly - Will be interesting to see the results. I have a set up aside for me at CPL. I won't be getting them fitted until the end of May though 8)

The cams were put in today, tomorrow rolling road, will let you kno whow it goes, had a couple of small things done at the same time, toda pulley, some timing thingy, all apparently aid the extraction of power and reduce the drive train weight

8.gif

:twisted: :twisted:

Need to return for a final tune, as I did not give Paul long enough to tune on the rolling road, and I made sure that the map was safe as I do lots of track days, even allowing for this it should hit 280wbhp and just over 200lb torque.

When the oil cooler goes in we will should get some more.

It just goes and goes until you run out of gears, forgot to pick up the printout, very very usable power, vtec kicks in @3000rpm on full throttle, 4000rpm on part throttle.

At Silverstone tomorrow this will give a good test of how the power is put down, will let you know how I get on.

AndyGreen said:
That must trully be a rocket ship!

Your wbhp is my flywheel bhp :shock:

ditto (ish). Gotta be a case of hold on for dear life......

Can Paul from system R confirm these figures please

your saying you now have 280 Wheel BHP, most cars with superchargers are showing 240-250 Wheel BHP on TDI Dyno from what im aware of.

So these cams have made around 30 BHP increase at the WHEELS

Can anyone confirm this as that is truly amazing figures if these are wheel figures as suggested......................hummm sod the house if this is true the cams are coming

No probs when I go for the final tune will pick up the print out and post it. I am sure dynax, tp, and N77 will tell you how quick it is following the trackday at silverstone, took tp out for the last session and we were lapping with some GT3 rs thing.

At the end of the day, not fussed about the figure its how it drives on the track that counts.

Read through my previous thread and realised I have missed out a word, it SHOULD hit 280wbhp when I go back for the final tune, we will have to wait and see, I am sure Ron from IPS can tell you what sort of figures these should cams should give.

I am sure Ron from IPS can tell you what sort of figures these should cams should give.

I allready know that bit thats why asked if anyone could confirm 280BHP at the wheels

the SHOULD bit clear it up, not trying to pic flys or anything the car sounds awsome but just confirming things.

Sorry if it soundls like i was trying to diss anything but I just wanted to know for myself and others that may be looking at these cams

Tarticus said:
I am sure Ron from IPS can tell you what sort of figures these should cams should give.

I allready know that bit thats why asked if anyone could confirm 280BHP at the wheels

the SHOULD bit clear it up, not trying to pic flys or anything the car sounds awsome but just confirming things.

Sorry if it soundls like i was trying to diss anything but I just wanted to know for myself and others that may be looking at these cams

Pete no worries, as soon as I get time to get back up there for the fine tune for those that are interested will post the figures, as for driving you do notice the difference, its quite a bit quicker, especially higher up the gears, the extra power fighting agaisnt the wind resistance, you can power drift out of corners spinning the wheels if fourth gear, ask tp :twisted:
14686.JPG

I have had several people pm me about getting them so will keep you all updated

Hi paul...
Good to meet at Silverstone,
Like you say, if these cams are making that sort of gain, then all us JRSC owners will be breaking the doors down at CLP :D

P Reddy said:
Hi paul...
Like you say, if these cams are making that sort of gain, then all us JRSC owners will be breaking the doors down at CLP :D

Group buy :lol:

Friendy said:
P Reddy said:
Hi paul...

Group buy :lol:

You setting one up with your overseas contacts then? :wink: :wink: :lol:

Back