• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car swap do i

Right I know it's a Honda forum and guess what you all might say. But I thought instead of keeping my track car if i get shot see what I get offered so it's an Astra vxr 300+bhp spend 10k+ on it I know I will never get what I put init but I've learnt that's the joys of modding lol so anyway have been offered a facelift 04 dc5 itr with 47k on it the car is up for under 9k but wants 750 from me aswell it's hard to pass up a car I've always wanted but I have spent time and money on my Astra what do I do
opinions please
cheers mike

So it's a £5-6k car with over £10k worth of mods, for a standard 10year old car.....not being funny, but you can pick up ITRs much cheaper and even though the miles will be a little higher it's still a Honda so it will keep going.

You're better off stripping the VXR and selling the parts and the car standard, will more than likely get over £11k (unsure of value/condition of the parts) in total.

Obviously the DC5 will feel slow compared to your VXR but if you get chance to drive through the twisties you'll be hooked.

Youve got to do a + & - sheet on the 2 cars.

Me me personally, I'd go DC5 as it's made better, handles better, more practical, better mpg from a sports car and after being in Dottys KPRO'd one a hell of a riot modded.

Me me personally, I'd go DC5 as it's made better, handles better, more practical, better mpg from a sports car and after being in Dottys KPRO'd one a hell of a riot modded.

You could have all this for much less than what the owner is trying to sell the standard DC5 for though.

Ive not checked lately but the price of facelift DC5's are not close to £6k, especially with 47k on the clock.
Granted he could get a pre-facelift but that's not what's being offered.

I'd love to keep the vxr but I don't want two cars on my drive. Stripping it yeah I would make a lot more money back but it the time I haven't got to do it. And it's a case of swap the car or sell it to buy what I want unless I buy an ep3 ctr as could prob afford that and keep the vxr but isit really worth having two

If everything checked out and he has all the paperwork including the import sheet from Japan, then it will be a good buy.
The only think I'd push for is to bring the cash he wants down to as little as possible.
Just start pointing out that if he wanted to swap parts back to standard then he's sitting on a lot of money.

I've managed to get it down from 1000 lol. He knows it's a good car and really wants it but he won't budge on price and I haven't seen the paperwork yet as was still deciding to do the deal or not

You could always get another one if need be.
Your problem is you've either got to sell your car first or try and find someone else who will swap. If it makes you happy then you won't be disappointed with the Teg.

Id have another and will one day

Ive not checked lately but the price of facelift DC5's are not close to £6k, especially with 47k on the clock.
Granted he could get a pre-facelift but that's not what's being offered.

I meant the VXR is £5-6K. But I reckon you could pick up a decent DC5 for much less than £9k.

Just had a look and there's not much about with the mileage. That's if he's bothered about it though.

As a wise person said to me "regret something you did rather than something you didn't" ;-)

Tbh the Teg is the best move I ever made. I remember Mark telling me it would be the best car I've ever driven and he was not wrong. My downfall was JAE and driving Dottys, it's made me want to spend serious coin on mine to turn it into a fully focused road and track racer. It will get there, but it will take a little more time.

Boi off the stupid understeering silver griffin and get one of the best FWD cars ever built.

Lol excellent to be honest the guy is abit weary about the millage on the car seems abit iffy I don't know if I should buy another ctr and just keep the astra

Back