• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cat heatshield vibrating

My heatshield bolts have perished causing loads of rattling so I've whipped the the thing off the cat should I replace it,leave it, or use exhaust wrap what do u lads do? Is it ok with no cat heatshield
cheers

Worth doing when it rattles. Makes such a difference once removed (no rattles is good!)

Got rid of mine about 3 years ago. Done thousands of miles since and some very very long journeys too. No problems, and no extra cabin heat like some people suggest.

Heat will eventually get in to the cabin. Porthos over on ITR-DC5 had woeful alarm issues shutting the car off mid drive. It was the heat getting through and melting the wiring under the centre console.

Interesting. I've never before heard of problems caused by removing heat shields, though I always wondered.

From my personal experience, it doesn't cause problems in an EP3 for at least 2 years (and counting!).

I think mine has started doing this now too, since I fitted a tegiwa cat back when I start the car and its cold it just rattles. Once is warmed up it stops though.

Ditch it mate my car sounds lovely now It must of been rattling through the entire rev range honda want 180+ Vat and labour the fit a new one!!!! And when I explained the body heat shield was still in place they didn't think it was such an issue!

Back