• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Yeah, the box arrived last week. I’ve just realised that I also have some facelift lights in a box which need fitting.

My Blue FD2

Suspension is now on but not set up. There was some damage to the front right suspension turret on the car which has now been fixed. It looks as if it’s hit a pot hole or kerb hard. A bit annoying but Tom says it’s all fine now.

Brakes are on, but no pads as the RS29 are coming in north of £500! I guess that’s what you get when you have pads which are 190mm long - I kid you not. The standard size I believe is 135mm long. Probably in Porsche GT3 tax territory.

Tom is looking into alternate options to see if the likes of Hawk would work out cheaper. I’m also trying to get a price for CR6e pads.

Pics and full update soon.

Suspension is now on but not set up. There was some damage to the front right suspension turret on the car which has now been fixed. It looks as if it’s hit a pot hole or kerb hard. A bit annoying but Tom says it’s all fine now.

Brakes are on, but no pads as the RS29 are coming in north of £500! I guess that’s what you get when you have pads which are 190mm long - I kid you not. The standard size I believe is 135mm long. Probably in Porsche GT3 tax territory.

Tom is looking into alternate options to see if the likes of Hawx would work out cheaper. I’m also trying to get a price for CR6e pads.

Pics and full update soon.
Tried Ian at carbotech for pads? Might be worth asking?

Yeah I’ve already emailed him, he’s getting me a price. Looking at XP10 or XP12.

XP10 coming in at £290 plus VAT, XP12 are £310 plus VAT so a little more reasonable! Will see what the Hawk works out as.

My Blue FD2

XP 12 not a bit extreme?

What do I use the car for? Sine I’ve bought the Focus it barely moves.

Tom will be able to get me the RS29 for £480 ish, I’m tempted to just stick with them as I know exactly what they offer.

480 for pads lol... damn man.

True, but I think I may be able to get two years out of them, there’s a lot more surface area compared to OEM plus they are really, really good pads. I think I did 6 track days in my DC5 on them and they were about 50% worn.

I've decided to get the RS29 pads - stick with what you know and all that. I didn't want to get another pad which would save me £80 or so for them to last half the time or to be disappointed in them. I've also asked TGM to tidy up the cloudy headlights. Willie said he fixed the suspension turret with a hammer and block of wood and it now looks as if it's never had any issue and he's said I have nothing to worry about.

It may be ready to pick up tomorrow, if so I'm going to Castle Combe next Friday to get a feel for the new setup and give me enough time to iron out anything prior to the 'Ring/Spa at the end September. If it's a no go this weekend, there's a track day at CC the following Wednesday I will go on. I'm starting to get a little excited now.

Sounds good Chris!

I'm looking forward to Spa too, shame I couldn't stretch to do both but it's looking like I'll be towing the track car over now which should be fun!

Oh excellent mate, will be good to see you again. Where are you going to be staying? We usually go out for beer/steak when over there.

Booked the Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, driving over the Sunday so hopefully be a fair relaxed drive over then heading home Tuesday. Will be good to catch up and hopefully join you lot for steak and beer :)

Booked the Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, driving over the Sunday so hopefully be a fair relaxed drive over then heading home Tuesday. Will be good to catch up and hopefully join you lot for steak and beer :)

That’s where we are.

I’m guessing you’ll be dropping your car / trailer at the circuit on Sunday night?

Some pics of the suspension and brake brackets courtesy of my TGM spy Mr Dott.

00eb5e2f4697e0a26352e6f023a9ef2a.jpg

63f4a25cb6a87321fa739e6725ecb723.jpg

009aa1ae410d03268ec4b254aa89190b.jpg

4452ea8ad243e832a7dce7c28f2dfbd0.jpg

95fc617c1a7c8dd5fabf08f9c1e1329f.jpg

96ce929c854be8ca0b67a1b05f110a11.jpg

712bcda281a2e8f2b942fa1059f399fb.jpg

That’s where we are.

I’m guessing you’ll be dropping your car / trailer at the circuit on Sunday night?

Hadn't thought of that, will they let you do that? Would be a big help if I can so I'm not carting it around more than I have to.

Back