• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Check the voltages... if they’re serviceable give them a charge and someone will certainly take them.

I got just under £70 for a used MX5 battery last year.

Sealed battery though at nearly £140 new.

Even if you get £20 worth it in my eyes

I got just under £70 for a used MX5 battery last year.

Sealed battery though at nearly £140 new.

Even if you get £20 worth it in my eyes
If I sell all three for £20 or more, then the two chargers will be paid for. I've got one on charge now.

Not kept up to date much with your thread but had a read just and glad to see the GT1 have arrived.

When you think you will have them fitted and tested?

Be interested in what you think of them as I was looking at them for my track ep3.

Although I am on the source of some Nitrons at a good price but always wary of used suspension, but these have been rebuilt recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello mate, still sat in their box. I'm waiting on discs arriving from Italy currently, then the GT1 and brakes will be fitted at the same time. I'm running out of patience though!

GT1's made in the UK
Well aware the internals are. I own a set of GT1’s and have since they were first released. Even had them rebuilt and met the guys from B.A.D who build them. The comment was more of a wind up to Chris who slated any coilover that didn’t require a mortgage to buy. ;)

Car is looking good and the wheels look good, I preferred the bronze 5 spoke until I saw the pictures of the wheels fitted.

Out of interest what solar trickle charger did you get and does it connect to the battery or lighter socket?

Car is looking good and the wheels look good, I preferred the bronze 5 spoke until I saw the pictures of the wheels fitted.

Out of interest what solar trickle charger did you get and does it connect to the battery or lighter socket?

Thank you. It ether clips directly onto the battery or you can alternatively plug it into the OBD port on the car.

Funny that you mention it - I went to take the car for a drive today since it hasn't moved in 2 - 3 weeks. Bearing in mind the trickle charger has been connected. Guess what? No power, not even enough to unlock the doors and the dash is flickering. FML.

I suspect perhaps there's still an issue with the alarm system so I am tempted to pay a local company to rip it all out and fit a new one.

If it's garaged couldn't you just disconnect the negative terminal while parked up? Annoying for stereo set up etc, but would be a certain fix!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

If it's garaged couldn't you just disconnect the negative terminal while parked up? Annoying for stereo set up etc, but would be a certain fix!

I guess I could, I don't really have anything saved on the stereo to be honest so I could give that a go.

I've even started looking at houses with a garage that has power but that may be a little extreme. :lol:

To save messing disconnecting the battery you could fit a kill switch on the positive or negative to the battery, you can pick them up for less than a tenner.
Or spend around fourty quid and get a lithium power pack jump starter, I've seen a Sealey one on offer in one of their promo books that I was tempted to pick up but just spent £220 on a decent lightweight Sealey racing jack.

I have a £30 jump starter pack off Amazon which works perfectly. I just want to be able to jump in and start it though.

Other option is a 'battery guard' it remotely isolates the battery when the voltage gets too low. Reset switch in the cab and then off you go.

Not overly reliable though. I'd just ditch the alarm to be honest, nothing worse than not trusting the battery/starting!

I'd get rid of the alarm too.
Can you imagine how embarrasing it would be to stall it on a busy roundabout and the car not start??

I'd get rid of the alarm too.
Can you imagine how embarrasing it would be to stall it on a busy roundabout and the car not start??

Sounds like something that you have experience in?

You didn’t seem to complain about the drive after that incident.

Specifically after I said ‘don’t stall it’.

I guess I could, I don't really have anything saved on the stereo to be honest so I could give that a go.

I've even started looking at houses with a garage that has power but that may be a little extreme. :lol:

The other problem with leaving it disconnected is a little less obvious, reset of the long-term fuel trim (and whatever else the ECU holds on to).

Well it's not my problem now as I dropped the car at TGM earlier. New suspension, brakes etc going on and I think it's due a service.

Back