• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic down

C

chrisnash

Brought a type r a month ago and after a tracking I discovered the front passanger wheel was bent out , I replaced the hub strut and bottom arm and it's still the same so gonna replace the sub frame hopefully it's that. So in few weeks can sell hub strut and bottom arm

For future reference:

Bought - is when you buy something

Brought - Is when you bring something along

That is all.

Oh no I don't care much to sell anything thas the least of my worries, my cars left in a garage and awaiting a sub frame and hoping it's sorted

Was actually just letting people no about my situation in general thas all , pretty pants just buying a type r and finding sonethings bent but it's very difficult to find what , I'm only now guessing and hoping it's the sub frame .

Was actually just letting people no about my situation in general thas all , pretty pants just buying a type r and finding sonethings bent but it's very difficult to find what , I'm only now guessing and hoping it's the sub frame .

Right, got you.

I was a little confused after your OP.

Let us know what it turns out to be.

Looks like someone has driven/slid into a curb perhaps.

Cool no worries, hopefully, i already spent lots on those 3 parts really hoping it is the sub frame or I'm screwed once again , will keep you informed cheers

Took it back to the guy I got it from and he's agreed to sort it under my warranty , was very lucky he wasn't going to because I replaced some parts in attempt to sort it, so very lucky as I am I have to pay 150 excess which is fine by me because replacing the sub frame including labour would cost a fortune :)

I feel for you mate, nothing worse than getting a car you have been waiting for and it's got problems, I've had that a few times.

Got my car back today sub frame fitted and it's nice now :D but I have a starting problem that still remains it struggles to start every time and the battery is more than good enough...I put brand new spark plugs in too. It often turns then floods because it's not starting quik enough, the tempature sensor has also been replaced. Now what ?

Got my car back today sub frame fitted and it's nice now :D but I have a starting problem that still remains it struggles to start every time and the battery is more than good enough...I put brand new spark plugs in too. It often turns then floods because it's not starting quik enough, the tempature sensor has also been replaced. Now what ?

What spark plugs did you use? personally I would take it back to Mr seller and demand you're money back. this type-r doesn't sound as if it's been well looked after but I suppose you've done work on the car etc. does the engine turn over but not fire until the battery drains or is it dead every time? any other symptoms like loss of power or misfiring?

Well mr seller has sorted the problems but this remains , I'm thinking it's the air filter not letting it suck enough air in on start up , it's worked fine today. No other problems with it, I've been switching the igition straight to the fireing point, will it make s difference if I turn it to the power let it do the checks then fire it up ? Cus it seemed to work better that way

Standard air box and filter or after-market job that may be dirty?

I always let the car do its pre-flight checks before firing up. Whether it makes a difference, I do not know, but I'm happier knowing that all the warning lights go out before I set off.

Back