• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Classified section: annoyance.

Totally agree with the feature, just means I can't see it anymore :(

As you can tell by the post count, I am a lurker!

Yup. Good idea! :)

Or if they insist on selling, then they should send us the item first, then we'll pay them later. I don't see why it can't be the other way round?

Totally agree with the feature, just means I can't see it anymore :(

As you can tell by the post count, I am a lurker!

you can still read and reply to items posted by other users. You just can't list stuff for sale yourself :)

Excellent idea guys :D

Iwas wondering though- do we still have the feedback feature we had before?? where if you buy/ sell stuff you can get rated??

Excellent idea guys :D

Iwas wondering though- do we still have the feedback feature we had before?? where if you buy/ sell stuff you can get rated??

not as yet, but it is something I'm trying to do. It may end up that we adapt the reputation feature of the board to do it.

Hi guys,
Thanks for implementing the classifieds rules, I think it's a great idea. However may I just suggest that we increase the post count and membership time?

I say that simply because I'm worried that 50 is too achievable in a short space of time for someone determined to scam.

I know I appear to be "nit picking" but I believe first and foremost this is a car forum, and a small part of that is the ability of members to swap/sell or trade on this site. I don't wish for myself, or for others to be conned by untrustworthy people. Which is why I believe that the post count and membership should be higher in order to sell......... simply because I believe this should be a "right" which members here earn....

We are not ebay, nor are we a "Swap shop" and the selling and buying is an added extra for those of us who wish to do it.

I'm simply registering my concern because I care about a majority of the individuals on here.

Sorry if it seems like I'm moaning at the moment, I can assure you I'm not.... I just think that we have such a good community here that the selling and buying should be something you have to qualify for..... i.e any non members would get bored with the amount of effort it would take to scam.

My suggestion would be: Membership at least 6 months

Again, those of us with an interest and a passion would have *NO* problem adhering to this.

Just some further thoughts mods. Any comments or feedback on that suggestion??

Thank you very much for implementing my original suggestion, your time, effort and hard work are appreciated by all members. :O)

Many thanks

Mark

My suggestion would be: Membership at least 6 months

That is a big margin Mark, some people only post 2 or 3 comments a week and yet they may read and search for many hours.

That would remove the chance of a regular visitor to operate in classifieds.

That is a big margin Mark, some people only post 2 or 3 comments a week and yet they may read and search for many hours.

That would remove the chance of a regular visitor to operate in classifieds.
Agreed, 500 posts is alot for some people to achieve, it would make people feel like they're not a valued member just cos they don't post alot.

EDIT - Just done a quick count and there is only about 110 users with more than 500 posts, so making this the limit would greatly reduce the classifieds effectiveness and people would simply go elsewhere to sell their stuff

Thanks for the feedback Carl much appreciated

True, it is a big margin and perhaps a little on the large side, but how do you guys envisage people using the forum?

I'm sure you guys have thought about this and set it at a level which you are comfortable at...... I simply believe that being able to sell things on this site should be a "optional extra" after people "get to know you" as it were...

True people may spend *hours* on the forum reading and digesting information, but should that qualify them to sell to the community?

I just read the CTRO threads dotty posted up about scamming in the for sale section and just thought " why should our members go through all that".
Obviously I am aware that buying and selling is a personal preference.

Again cheers for the feeback and not trying to cause any big issues or anything, just a point of view which may or may not be right. :O)

Maybe I'm being over protective of the forum..... but again thought and feeback are welcome.

That point is duly accepted and noted........ something which I admit I hadn't considered.

So would say a post count of say 150 be again too much?

I see the flip side of the coin now......... higher posts = potentially less advantages for TRO members for items etc.....

:O)

That point is duly accepted and noted........ something which I admit I hadn't considered.

So would say a post count of say 150 be again too much?

I see the flip side of the coin now......... higher posts = potentially less advantages for TRO members for items etc.....

Exactly, it's a catch 22.

Yeah it seems to be that way...

Perhaps something which may come under discussion again by Mods and admin at some point in the future?

Thanks for feedback, much appreciated.

The important thing is that we are keeping an eye on things (i.e. the required post count and length of membership) and seeing how it goes. It is by no means set in concrete and may be altered/refined over time to suit.

:cool:

Cheers,
Andy

That is good to know and I didn't doubt for a second that you guys were not on top of things.

Cheers fellas......

Back