• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Compomotive

Danger200

I know that the CTR sits perfectly on its standard wheels but i do want to change them at some stage just to stand out, and just wondered if anyone had any pics of one with the compomotive alloys?

cheers

Compomotive make loads of wheels :lol:

They tend to be quite heavy but mega strong though.

sorry, i meant the MO's
really? i thought they were light for some reason, although they dont look it lol

Not a bad looking wheel. Dont stand out lots but look :cool: Similiar sort of effect with the rota Slipstreams

carrim2.jpg

I know the Ford fanboys are big fans of the Compo's.
haha funny you should say that, i have a fiesta RS1800 lol well trying to sell.

sugarpuff, is that your car? because it looks pretty good on them, are they expensive?
also thinking about it, what size would everyone recommend, im considering going to 18s and a bit wider but i dont want to mess up the great handling of the CTR (great as in better than any car ive had lol)

haha funny you should say that, i have a fiesta RS1800 lol well trying to sell.

sugarpuff, is that your car? because it looks pretty good on them, are they expensive?
also thinking about it, what size would everyone recommend, im considering going to 18s and a bit wider but i dont want to mess up the great handling of the CTR (great as in better than any car ive had lol)

No its not my car, in this section there is a thread called 'The wheel bible' there are a few different CTR's with different wheels on and thats where there pic came from.
Most people tend to stick with 17x7 wheels with 215/40/17 tyres on ;) This will improve grip every so slightly due to the wider tyre ( I run this, and the tyres are cheaper than 205/45/17 )

I always wanted Comp MO's on my 106 GTi, great looking wheel.

Not for me on the CTR though.

i duno suits, i think on my silver CTR in athracite it would look like a lil racer lol more track fun style than a DTM style with lots of hard to clean spokes.

so you recommend i just get a larger tyre than wheel?

wow, they are pretty sexy jermal. is there a picture of these on a civic in the wheel bible thread?
also would you recommend going bigger or sticking to 17s?

im loving the colour of those wheels aswell

wow, they are pretty sexy jermal. is there a picture of these on a civic in the wheel bible thread?
also would you recommend going bigger or sticking to 17s?

im loving the colour of those wheels aswell

I personally would recomend sticking with the 17's. People who change size to gain in terms of performance actually usually go down to 16's, but I personally think that they look a little small on the civic and out of place.

I'm not sure if there is a civic with the Rota Grids on in the wheel bible, but if you can get me picture of your car online, then I can probably photoshop you some on so you can get an idea of what they will look like. Failing that, see if they're on rarerims.com as you can upload a picture on their and put different wheels against your car with an online programe they have on their site.

yeah, 16s may be a bit too small, i think the 17s arent big enough though, looks wise that is. may be because it isnt lowered so that may make a difference.

sorry about the pics i only have two, and i cant seem to post them direct to this thread, i can get a side profile a bit later on if these arent any good. ive seen some of your work and you appear to be a bit of a wiz on the photo shop

Attachments

• 21062009011.jpg
    21062009011.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 21062009013.jpg
    21062009013.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 6
If you are going to put 18's on then the car needs to be lowered IMO. Sits to high otherwise. When I had my Civic I had 18's on it, was run for 1 week without lowering and looked stupid.

Only 17's for me on a CTR, in fact only OEM to be honest, unless its some uber rude JDM 5 spoke things that cost the same as a small planet.

Here you go Danga. It's not the exact colour of the Rota gunmetal's as I used a silver wheel (was the best angled one I could find) and changed the hue, but you get the idea.

RotaGridEP3.jpg

yeah maybe the 18s will make it sit too high, will it affect the handling much?
you're right suits, they will cost a bomb and at this moment in time i think 500 will be my limit, until i geta pay rise, or xmas bonus :lol:

wow, cheers jermal :D they actually look pretty good on it i think, what do you think? i think anthracite or a dark silver/gunmetal is the way forward for satin silver

Iv got some 17" 6 spoke compomotive Mo's in black to go on mine, just need some Toyo R888's to wrap round them first :-D

Back