• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 couple of prices needed.clutch and timing belt

I'm trying to get a rough idea of prices for a new clutch and the alternator belt?
is it a pretty much given that whilst changing the alternator belt you might as well do the water pump aswell?
also are there any other jobs that whilst you are doing 1 job you might aswell do 2 or 3 jobs whilst into the 1 job you initially started.
the reason i ask such a lot of questions is that i have just bought my fn2.it has been a cat d and has 50k on the clock.i have no idea when the alternator belt was done or if the clutch has been done.the clutch sometimes grinds a little whilst I'm giving it some beans on gear changes so i know some things need doing but I'm trying to prioritise which ones i do 1st
1 clutch price
2 timing belt price
3 should i do water pump whilst doing the alternator belt
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
rough prices obviously!

Hi Gaz

I took my recently acquired FN2 2009 to my local Honda dealer to give it a once over knowing my clutch is going to need replacing soon, their price was roughly £650 inc VAT and fitting so pretty cheap. Worth investigating the flywheel at the same time as it is stripped down, not sure on the cost of that but maybe around £150ish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not used Grantham myself but heard nothing but good things, I know a few who use them.
I use to get my clutch in my fn2 fitted at Dave Underwoods on pillings road

Back