• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Crashed my car! Help!

Hi guys, well i crashed my EP3 and i need some advice!
what happened was some old woman decided to carry out a text book emergency stop on a roundabout allowing me to slide on the very wet roads that we have in scotland today and go right into the back of her!

damage is..... bumper smashed, headlight smashed, grill cracked and bonnet buckled!!

my problem is that i noticed something metal, its like a block that sits under the headlight O/S and it went through the bumper!
im taking it to the garage tomorrow to get priced up but im not sure if this metal block is important!! i.e Supporting bar or Torsion bar!!!!! i dont know if its damaged and im panicking now incase all this is going to cost me a fortune,

ive priced up the other parts that im going to need but this metal part is troubling me cause i dont know what it is!

could anyone please give me some advice as ive had a really crap day! thanks

Might be something simple like a bumper support bar or something and its just been pushed through the bumper, :confused:.
Sorry to hear this mate. :(

thanks guys, i cant upload any pics cause it says the photos are to big!!
i hope it is something simple like that, only problem is that i dont think it connects to the bumper!! thats the worrying part! ill find out more tomorrow and let ya know but thank you again

As Nick has pointed out, host the pictures on a dedicated site and post the IMG links.

If the front end damage is that bad, why don't you claim on the insurance? Sometimes paying for it yourself will work out more expensive.

Always take it easy in the wet as you never know what people are going to do. I was always taught to treat everyone else on the roads as idiots and to take nothing for granted.

I think it will be the support for the bumper.

£180 for a new painted bumper from Honda

Insurance would be best point of call on this sort of damage.

Check the small support bars that the headlights bolt onto. They are part of the crumple zone - if they are buckled then straightening out will be more of a garage job unless you are really good.

nick... yeah mate i was, you work just across from me on camp!! im in GEF! give me a shout!
jermal... thank you mate, i know i should of been careful but as you know ya never expect a text book emergency stop on a busy roundabout!
joe.... thank you mate, going to get it all priced up!!
jade.... ill find out more tomorrow with prices but i think it might be an insurance job!

thank you all very much guys and girls!

7431_151951321715_552331715_3196894_7964308_n.jpg

Is that the beam you mean?

Ook behind the block mate as there are 2 impact points on the front the house the airbag sensors and they are welded tothe chassis, can be easily re aligned by a hydrolic jig as long as the sensors are not damaged etc

yes mate thats it, thet drivers side of it punctured through the bumper!
i dont know if there is any damage to it yet but thats definately it!
good photo

recoy2k..... the airbags never went off..thankfully, i couldnt see properly into it to check if its buckled in any way, ill find out more tomorrow thanks

yes mate thats it, thet drivers side of it punctured through the bumper!
i dont know if there is any damage to it yet but thats definately it!
good photo

Same thing happened to my mates car when someone reversersed into him, as long as the metal is straight it will be fine as it just makes sure the airbags only go off if the impact is significant enough so if they are bent they will not work as well. One of these?? (excuse the child like arrow lol)

crash2.jpg

well the car is now in the garage getting fixed! be over a week till i get it back!
needs a new bumper, bonnet, headlight, headlight housing, absorbtion bar, and a paintjob! £1200 notes, absolutely gutted!!

Back