• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Creaking when pulling away slowly?

Sounds like mine too then... :roll:

Strangely, mine only seems to happen if its done 50ish miles plus. :? I suspect suspension mounts, but it happens very irregularly, and of course, never when the dealer's actually got it. :( :?

moNoKnoT said:
Noticed this the other day and now it does it all the time, I think its coming from the o/s suspension but not sure which one. Is this common on an 04?

- Kevin.

Solution = pull away quickly 8) :twisted:

chippyleigh said:
If it's not engine mounts, then it is probably the steering rack, common fault is to creak when you "take up the slack".
going to get mine in this week to have it looked at...............

EmmaT said:
Hi

Mine is at the dealer today to have a similar squeak / creak investigated. The noise is apparent when pulling away (just when you get that bite of the clutch / throttle) and then when I slow down to stop and is outside of the car. They suspect it be the engine mounts but I wonder if it's a suspension problem. This is a completely different noise to the "starter motor" noise mentioned in a different thread (because I get that too when it's cold). It's damn annoying :roll:

The dealer couldn't locate the cause of the noise. It's definately not the suspension or engine mounts. It's a case of having to live with it unless it gets louder. Hope someone else has better luck :roll:

EmmaT said:
EmmaT said:
Hi

Mine is at the dealer today to have a similar squeak / creak investigated. The noise is apparent when pulling away (just when you get that bite of the clutch / throttle) and then when I slow down to stop and is outside of the car. They suspect it be the engine mounts but I wonder if it's a suspension problem. This is a completely different noise to the "starter motor" noise mentioned in a different thread (because I get that too when it's cold). It's damn annoying :roll:

The dealer couldn't locate the cause of the noise. It's definately not the suspension or engine mounts. It's a case of having to live with it unless it gets louder. Hope someone else has better luck :roll:

i'm going to book mine in... if they diagnose it might give you some ammo to go back to dealership - they didn't resolve my 3k rattle from center console so i wouldn't hold my breath tho :x

I think it is the gearbox bearings! I will know more in few days because I am going to change all bearings this weekend.

Back