• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR AE30 to Z4

After 4 years of CTR ownership
bw8rf.png

Goodbye CTR and hello Z4
theZ.png

Fantastic choice......which engine is that btw?
The couple is only available in 3ltr

I had a 'play' against a 3.0 Z4 the other day, I didn't realise how slow they are lol
I wouldn't call it slow, might only be slightly quick than a CTR. But I didn't base my purchase on speed.
I needed an all-round car:
- Quite rare, only 8 on sale on Pistonheads.
- Loads of toys, Sav Nav, rain sensors, auto headlights, 10 speaker system, climate control etc.
- Comfortable for long journeys, I often have to make 400 miles round trips. In my CTR I felt a bit exhausted after the journey. Where as in the Z4 I still feel fresh, the joys of cruise control helps.

If I wanted all out speed I would of got a chipped Focus ST.

Excellent choice, I approve.

I had the experiance of driving one in France on the way home from Le Mans, under unfortunate circumstances I may add.

I found it a joy to drive, very smooth good engine with a lot of punch, surprised me how quick thet actually are.

Needs a LSD though to pull off teh dough nuts properly.

Looks the nuts too, even more so with the wheels you have (they were same as my mates), however he had the canvas top, not seen the hard top before and looks very good.

My mates car....

SV400832.jpg

SV400827.jpg

Did you pay in the 25 to 30k region? As I do like the look of them, but think i'd go for a Cayman if they are similar priced.

Back