• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR Insurance????

RickHondaR

R-32840
My insurance is due on the 15th December:( so after Gray's claim problems I thought I might ask you guys who you would reccomend for service and value. CTR is standard apart from rear tints and strut brace otherwise the other little cosmetic changes I have done are not worth mentioning. Im 33 with only 3 points TS10:oops: and 9yrs NCB, The G/F is 33 and 4yrs NCB. CTR is garaged for about 90% of the time

I was thinking of calling Sky, but has anyone used these when they have had a bump and if so was they good?

Esure, MoreThan and Swiftcover have been the cheapest for me for the last 8 years.

2 non-fault claims with MoreThan and the service has been great. Was provided with courtesy car in the first instance until my cheque cleared/car repaired. And after my Civic at the time was written off, they gave me £95 more than what I paid for the car 15 months previous.

All 3 insurers can be found on confused I think.

Beware though Rick, those 3 are strictly standard cars only IIRC, hence I sold my strut brace, it doesn`t warrant your insurance jumping £150 IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
My insurance is due on the 15th December:( so after Gray's claim problems I thought I might ask you guys who you would reccomend for service and value. CTR is standard apart from rear tints and strut brace otherwise the other little cosmetic changes I have done are not worth mentioning. Im 33 with only 3 points TS10:oops: and 9yrs NCB, The G/F is 33 and 4yrs NCB. CTR is garaged for about 90% of the time

I was thinking of calling Sky, but has anyone used these when they have had a bump and if so was they good?

Im with Sky. £515 28yr old, 6 points(speeding) 5 yrs no claims all mods declared. My bro is with them aswell. Adrian Flux also seem to be doing good quotes aswell. :D

Adrian Flux also seem to be doing good quotes aswell. :D

Adrian Flux? If im right this is who treated Gary very bad

With RAC at the moment £440 fully comp with rear tints and brace declared (brace made no difference) £150 excess, legal protection and no claims protection

More than would not insure the GF last year :)confused: she was 32 never had a bump or points etc) so I had to cancel and took it out with RAC from moneysupermarket.

done a few quotes tonight on confused and moneysupermarket and the quotes where better on moneysupermarket by over £100:eek:. Will have to wait and see what RAC what to renew

Elephant are pretty good, i used to recommend them when i was selling cars, my mum is with them. She smashed up her old peugeot and where very good, they also do that 10 month accelerator thing

I always find churchill are cheapest for me, 22 years old, 3 years no claims, 1 conviction (tyres) £550 fully comp!

going back to norwich union £355 fully comp, legal cover and ncb protection for me and the G/F. rear tints and strut brace made no difference on price at all. they did not even have a box for the strut brace in the list of mods so the added this to the notes

Just took the cover out to start on the 15th Dec when the RAC insurance runs out, dont know the new RAC price but the did sting me an extra £70 for the rear tints:mad: so I doubt it will be less

Try Kwik fit, mine is due on the 5th Dec, and i'm with them at the moment
£340 fully comp

I am with Chris Knott insurance. have used them in the past 2 and always had faultless service from them. Were over £100 cheaper than the cheapest quote i had found, including sky which was a bonus.

going back to norwich union £355 fully comp, legal cover and ncb protection for me and the G/F. rear tints and strut brace made no difference on price at all. they did not even have a box for the strut brace in the list of mods so the added this to the notes

Just took the cover out to start on the 15th Dec when the RAC insurance runs out, dont know the new RAC price but the did sting me an extra £70 for the rear tints:mad: so I doubt it will be less

RAC sent the renewal through today £689:eek::eek: less cover than norwiich union (ncb protection) otherwise the same on everything. I told them not to bother has I had over 300 reasons why I would not renew this, they then try to point out I should stop with them as they do other a good service :lol::lol:

I just took out new insurance with More Than. £273 Fully comp, protected no claims, roadside recovery, and all the leagal stuff with it.

Pretty happy with that! :) :)

i'm 32. The car is totally standard, and i have selected the box for no commuting as i'm an offshore worker. It was £219 but without the frills! i was shocked at that!!

Aye i`m 31 and they quoted me last year at 300, maybe next February i`ll be closer to your quote. MoreThan are good when you need them too.

Aye i`m 31 and they quoted me last year at 300, maybe next February i`ll be closer to your quote. MoreThan are good when you need them too.

They were very good to me. Was quoted £299 by Aquote IIRC. so, not a bad nights work!

Back