• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR with Charger, Cams & Nos

Scott Whitelaw said:
tp said:
Bit dangerous having the bottle in the front as if the pipe blows off or the blow off goes your dead.

Good chance if the staging people see that there they wont let you run

Hi TP - this is the place Guy's is mounted and he ain't had any problems. I'm also sure if it was a danger he would have never put it there in the first place.

Please don't get me worried!!!! :shock:

I got picked up by the scruteneering people at Shakespeare a long time back when I had mine there.
I spoke to Guy and he recomended and sold me a blow down tube.
You will also need the special fitting that replaces the pressure cap on the side of the neck. Basically if the bottle gets too hot and the pressure rises the cap will blow and all the gas will be vented straight into your face sitting there. At least a vented tube means the gas is passed somewhere safe like away from you or out of the car.

Dont mess about. £100 will see you safe. Contact "Real Steel" They are the UK Holly NOS importers and EVERYONE buys their stuff through them. :wink:

If you don't believe how scary it is when that goes off speak to Jason aka Nosman. He had one vent while he was driving and it is seriously scary!

Have to say, nice car there Scott...

...So bigger brakes next then?...:D :D :D

Very nice Scott, the cams are great, need to stop messing about with this girly drag stuff :wink: :lol: and get it on the track, only kidding good to see another car with them fitted.

What suspension are you using at present?

Friendy said:
Very nice Scott, the cams are great, need to stop messing about with this girly drag stuff :wink: :lol: and get it on the track, only kidding good to see another car with them fitted.

What suspension are you using at present?

:lol: Each to their own - I just like drag racing and the concept.

Only have lowering springs fitted - could be doing with some Teins. They are on my list for sure.

G said:

Na G - bigger brakes mean that 15" wheels and slicks won't fit!! :shock: 8)

As long as when I'm at Crail and I can stop before the sea front I will be happy :lol:

Good work fella....

Stelth is awesome fun :lol:

So you'd reccomend getting cams then :D ..

Have you had a deceble(noise) reading by any chance???

Scott Whitelaw said:
G said:

Na G - bigger brakes mean that 15" wheels and slicks won't fit!! :shock: 8)

As long as when I'm at Crail and I can stop before the sea front I will be happy :lol:

Hmm why not try spoon callipers then, they may fit. If not I think Endless do a small calliper that fit on the oem brake. Mind you i rekon 15's are a tad small. look at the BTCC cars. They manage with 17's fine :D

P Reddy said:
Good work fella....

Stelth is awesome fun :lol:

So you'd reccomend getting cams then :D ..

Have you had a deceble(noise) reading by any chance???

yes cams are a good way to go.

The car is louder too - dread to think what the db reading would be..... wrong side of 110 I think!! :lol:

The Keiser said:
You'll just get a serious dose of laughter if the bottle vents :wine:

:lol: :lol:

I will be sucking it in and trying to pop it back into the bottle!! Never realised how deer a refil is........ :cry:

I will be sucking it in and trying to pop it back into the bottle!! Never realised how deer a refil is........ Crying or Very sad

Its not that cheap best bet is to get a bit 50lb bottle and use that to refil if you got somewhere to stick the 50lb bottle that is.

the reasons posted in this this thread about bottle placement blow off valves pipes dangerous shit and stuff is one of the reasons I dont like NOS

I know good results can be made just look at TP`s car but when the bottles gone what you left with, and as we know it dont last that long :)

If I did fit it would have it removable and only use it for drag use, but think that taking the bottles in and out etc etc causes its own problems

The Keiser said:

At 1000psi you wont be laughing!
The cabin will fill with freezing liquid nitrogen in seconds and if you don’t asphyxiate you will suffer very serious freeze burns! :!:
I have seen a bottle go when a pipe split on the road and even more scary I saw a bottle go when stationary waiting to run at Pod purely by overheating on a hot day.

DO NOT PUT A BOTTLE IN THE CABIN WITHOUT TAKING PRECAUTIONS!

And don't use Guy as an example as good safe practice and assume it is safe to copy him!

His car isn’t driven with a bottle in.
It is trailored everywhere so don't start kidding yourself you can use it because he does safely on a daily basis….because he doesn’t.

Tarticus said:
I will be sucking it in and trying to pop it back into the bottle!! Never realised how deer a refil is........ Crying or Very sad

Its not that cheap best bet is to get a bit 50lb bottle and use that to refil if you got somewhere to stick the 50lb bottle that is.

the reasons posted in this this thread about bottle placement blow off valves pipes dangerous crap and stuff is one of the reasons I dont like NOS

I know good results can be made just look at TP`s car but when the bottles gone what you left with, and as we know it dont last that long :)

If I did fit it would have it removable and only use it for drag use, but think that taking the bottles in and out etc etc causes its own problems

Spot on.

Nitrous is a serious bit of kit and should be treated with respect.
It takes a good 0.5s off your time if setup well even running conservative jets, BUT it doesnt last long.
I get about 5-7 runs out of a 10lb bottle running a 60-70shot which is about 45 seconds with a couple of purge bursts.
At about £50 per bottle.......well make your own mind up.

Its also very fickle. It may work....it might not. The valves need servicing quite often and they are expensive. The jets block and the NOS can be of poor quality.

If you want boosted performance...buy a turbo or supercharger. Nos is good for a while but the novelty quickly wears off when your spending more on NOS than you are fuel. :roll: :lol:

Tarticus said:

I only use my car for drag racing - I take it on the road for a blast once on a blue moon.

tp said:
The Keiser said:

At 1000psi you wont be laughing!
The cabin will fill with freezing liquid nitrogen in seconds and if you don’t asphyxiate you will suffer very serious freeze burns! :!:
I have seen a bottle go when a pipe split on the road and even more scary I saw a bottle go when stationary waiting to run at Pod purely by overheating on a hot day.

DO NOT PUT A BOTTLE IN THE CABIN WITHOUT TAKING PRECAUTIONS!

And don't use Guy as an example as good safe practice and assume it is safe to copy him!

His car isn’t driven with a bottle in.
It is trailored everywhere so don't start kidding yourself you can use it because he does safely on a daily basis….because he doesn’t.

At the end of the day Guy knows what he is doing - he put the bottle there for a reason and if it wasn't safe then he would never have put it in to start with.

I know what your saying etc but I trust Guy 100% - his knowledge, experience and professionalism speaks for its self.

I have no worries about by install 8)

8) F**k me thats a quick motor!!

Nice one fella.......... not saure I'd personally go down the NoS route, but then again thats because I'm poorer than a church mouse who;'s just been evixccted from his organ pipe by the church cat, who incidently is sleeping with my wife.

LOL!

8) looking good though as well fella.

SCOTTWhitelaw.jpg

Here is the Dyno chart!! :twisted: :twisted:

Back