• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Dash cam

Well father christmas fetched me a f770 dashcam today also came with hard wire kit.now I'm well and truly stumped as to where to connect the wires to.,I have a red one saying acc and a yellow saying battery,plus a black one with a spanner end on it.presume that goes to an earth point?but as for the other two,anyone know which pins to connect took the option conector ?also i have a led lighting kit fitted,can i still have both??

Yes you can. I had the F750 and hardwired that on my FK2.

I'm pretty sure I posted the pin outs in my build thread. Yes the spanner looking one is earth, Batt is constant positive and acc is switched with the ignition (if I've remembered them the right way round). If you get it the wrong way round, park monitoring won't work.

The footwell kit you wire to come on a positive switched to the headlights but you can use the same earth point.

Well father christmas fetched me a f770 dashcam today also came with hard wire kit.now I'm well and truly stumped as to where to connect the wires to.,I have a red one saying acc and a yellow saying battery,plus a black one with a spanner end on it.presume that goes to an earth point?but as for the other two,anyone know which pins to connect took the option conector ?also i have a led lighting kit fitted,can i still have both??

I fitted a f750 older version of yours in the FK2 and FK8, the yellow wire is not a must and I am advised does not record that long when car locked if you want your car to start when you come back so you dont need this to be honest but I know some prefer to have this. If you dont need the yellow just remove the light as in the picture below and its a 10 minute installation and all fused on the local 10A lighting circuit
20171222_135510.jpg

On the fuse box under the dash there is a socket for a connector. Pins the have different outputs. You can either use a spade connector on the pins or buy the socket. A chap on Civinfo sells them.

Outputs are here:

9th-gen-option-connector.png

You also need to add a fuse in slot 1 for the constant +12V to work.

Thread with some info here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only/64072-how-use-tap-into-fuse-box-option-connector.html

You mean this picture?

I'm guessing I'd be using the red and purple connectors?
Exactly. I did them bullet connectors them I could swap them round in case it was wrong.

You can soon tell if it is.

My park recording used to work for days when wired correctly. The dashcam monitors the battery voltage and turns off at a level you set so that you don't end up with a flat battery.

Thanks for that loxy.its the 1.5mm spade connectors that I need isn't it?
I had mine on the plug connectors Rick mentions but then with a length of wire from the connector to bullet connectors. I then put the other end of the bullet connectors on the dash cam and footwell kit positives. Depends how far you want to go with it. You can do a really neat job with time, patience and the right kit.

Plugs to prevent soldering ?

Soldering to the interior light? Yes and no, I prefer the soldering to the light as not running wires up the windowscreen pillar that could get in the way of the airbag. However the plugs connect straight into the fuse box as they are part of the oem wiring harness so really nice and neat. I have 100 10g ones landing in around a week which will give my footwell lights a true oem plug n play etc

I'd like to have a proper connector but can't find them anywhere,so it looks like it will have to be the spade connection for me

Just wanted everyone to know I fitted a Nextbase dash Cam112 to my car today and the lead that comes with it is long enough to rear 12v socket in centre box so I routed it carefully all behind roof trim,side trim,under glovebox then all the way behind trim then out past handbrake into center box so only about 2 inches shows.Then if I needs to can disconnect when ever I want no extra fitting kit or plugs required.

Just wanted everyone to know I fitted a Nextbase dash Cam112 to my car today and the lead that comes with it is long enough to rear 12v socket in centre box so I routed it carefully all behind roof trim,side trim,under glovebox then all the way behind trim then out past handbrake into center box so only about 2 inches shows.Then if I needs to can disconnect when ever I want no extra fitting kit or plugs required.

You should have hard wired it in keep the charger adapter free

Dash cam all fitted,pretty straight forward,the option connector plug makes it look like a pro has done it!definitely worth getting one if you are fitting a dash cam.
My next question though,I can't see the wiring been anything to do with it from the dash cam,but my auto lights are on in broad daylight,seems strange for them to come on!any help would be grateful

my auto lights are on in broad daylight,seems strange for them to come on
I noticed very soon after I got my car that the auto light sensor seemed very over sensitive, with the lights coming on in the morning when I was being blinded by the low morning sun, and similar in early evening.
Unless your lights are on all the time then it is probably behaving normally.
American spec cars have a setting to control the sensitivity of the auto lights but we don't get that.
I am not personally happy about the fact that the auto lights are active by default and cannot be turned off.
I prefer to be in control of the lights on my car.

I do have control of the lights but I'm just a little unsure as to why they were on at 12 in the afternoon when it was a bright clear sunny day

Back