• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

Front and rear camber adjusters fitted and now has been set up to fast road spec. Feels alot tighter now, turns in to corners much better.
2A4EAD56-0B7D-4F23-9406-FD30DA469B34-1727-000003279A781171_zps18dd4942.jpg

Wheel refurb and engine bay tidying is next on the list. Aswell as some dent removal.

thought i'd get this updated as havn't been able to as been to busy and had no camera. Anyways i purchased a refurbed rocker cover off of "brenscivic" on the civic type r forum, so a couple of weekends ago i set about getting it fitted and started tidying up the rest of the bay. As i was there i thought i'd add some new stainless steel nuts and washers, a carbon fibre coil cover, tegiwa strut brace, tegiwa battery brace. at this point suggs84 put a list of stuff up for sale all of which i wanted so bought the lot. Amongst the items purchased was a gold oil cap so this went on aswell. with all this on the fuel rail looked a bit tatty. i didnt want to spend out on a new so i've started polishing it and it's coming up pretty well so far.

i've also fiited some type r seat covers, armster armrest and skunk2 gear knob. no pictures of these at the moment but will throw some up soon.

heres a picture of the bay as it stands at the moment.

cheers
darren

Last edited by a moderator:
This week i sent my ecu to cpl for a Hondata/ CPL reflash. Firstly awesome service from CPL, sent on tuesday, work carried out on wednesday back to me by thursday. Secondly car feels much more responsive and the lower vtec point makes it much nicer to drive on the twistys. It never really drops of vtec. Had the reflash as dont plan to go down the exhaust and inlet manifold route. the cars plenty quick enough, my next plan is to get back onto motorbikes for some proper speed thrills.

Hi mate, just curious about that re flash. I too don't want to go down the exhaust route and have just a tegiwa M, but want more drivability. TDI North said it's 700+ for K100 and a map.

I'd imagine the reflash is cheaper and provides very similiar gains to a map with just my 1 mod?

The car drives a lot nicer, they lower the vtec limit to 5200rpm so the power is much more accessible. I paid £391+ about £8ish to send it to them. as far as I know only cpl racing can do it as they're the only authorised dealers of this hodata product. There's a thread in the engine and ecu forum which shows a member on here getting about 225bhp with the reflash, teg m and cat back. Plus cpl are fitting your ecu with a k100 so if you did change your mind its possible to remap it.

Oh so the reflash is the same as the K100? I take it then the price of £700 from TDi would have included the k100 and a map. And this from CPL must use a generic map. Thanks for the info bud.

And I can imagine after being on a bike the EP3 feels like being on a bus lol.

Yea it's a k100 with a base map suitable for induction kit and cat back.

dont have a bike yet, going to do my cbt this year and get a 125 and do my test next year and get a 600.

Yeah cars sweet mate, fitted some new brake pads to the front and rear yesterday as the front brakes were squealing badly. Got to replace a a/c pipe this week aswel as noticed ones leaking badly when I was doing the pads.

purchased a jdm rear anti roll bar last week. thought it'd be rude not to give it a splash of colour before i threw it on. so painted red on monday and fitted it wednesday.

Good job painting it red dazza, will definitely stand out from behind! Rear lower control arms and brace would be a very nice future add on!

Thought I'd give this a quick update, not much exciting has gone on with the car but few additions to mention though. Bought a Tegiwa short shift kit and fitted it in my lunch break. One of the best modifications so far, gear changes are probably 50% reduced, only thing with it, is the kit makes the gear knob sit in different position which takes a little getting used to.
Braided hoses have been ordered but not fitted yet, will try to get round to fitting these probably Saturday. Interested to see how much difference they make.
also fitted some Honda jazz washer jets which i'm a bit disappointed with but they do the job so not the bothered.

Main thing though is the cars booked in with TDI North for a exhaust manifold, rbc intake and some tdi drop in cams, which I cant wait for. all this for a car that I said "not changing anything, its staying standard" :rolleyes:

And a couple of quick picture after a clean session yesterday

Fresh oil and Hamp oil filter fitted at the weekend along with some spark plugs and a set of braided hoses. All ready now for the trip to TDI North at the end of the month.

Fresh oil and Hamp oil filter fitted at the weekend along with some spark plugs and a set of braided hoses. All ready now for the trip to TDI North at the end of the month.

Hi mate, great news to hear hope it all goes smooth at TDI North for you and the most power gets extracted from that K20! Lol about keeping standard!
All the best of luck mate!!

So after two journeys to and from tdi north my car now has a DC exhaust manifold, a rbc inlet manifold and some tdi north cams all topped off with a remap by Paul. The car now pulls so well from low, put your foot down at 2-2500 revs and the car just pulls. Well worth the journey up there, even just to chat to the guys up there and be shown a couple of projects they had going on.
Another couple of additions will be added soon, wheel spacers and front badge. I want the car to look a bit wider from the front without changing wheels, so looking into ordering some eibach spacers.

LSD and clutch are being planned for next year.

thanks
darren

Back