• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dazza's NHB Civic Type R 259.5bhp

Tie bar has been refurbished slightly. Could do with a bit more time spending on it but it'll do for now. It's a lot better than it was, just waiting for Mook to sort me some replacement J's racing stickers.

i also have one of these. they look really good.....need to re paint mine though :(

Yea they do, looking forward to getting this fitted.

Tegiwa order placed, don't tell my missus though. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Productive week, Premier edition carpet fitted during the week, looks really smart, well happy with it.

Today I got to work early and after admiring my Skunk2 lower arms and fuel rail for a unusually long time I set about fitting them. Lower arms were first along with the J's tie bar, a surprisingly easy and straight forward job. Not one of the bolts was seized, none of them were even tight to come out plus Skunk2 send you a socket with the arms so I didn't have to buy one of them either. Real easy job took less than 30 minutes.

Fuel rail was next, Skunk2 send instructions with this so I had a quick skim through before I started. Whipped the old one off, swapped the injectors over, removed the studs and fitted the fuel rail. Started it up, checked for leaks and took some compulsory pictures.

Thought id give this a quick update, eventually got round to making up a loom and fitting the front fog lights I've had for a couple of months.. I put some yellow tint film on them before I fitted them, wasn't sold on the look at first but its quickly growing on me.

And today, got out of work early which allowed me to go pick these bad boys up.

So happy that I've managed to finally get hold of a set of these. I've ordered a new set of ds2500 pads and 20mm spacers from Tegiwa. I'll give the calipers a quick spruce up.

Cheers mate, me too now.

Brembos SHOULD be being fitted tomorrow. Gave them a lick of paint, I've got Ferodo DS2500's and 20mm hub centric spacers all ready and waiting.

So with a bit of free time on my hands since being made redundant last Thursday, I decided to get up early and get my brembos fitted.

Couple of things worth noting to anyone else who considers doing this, the set I bought came with longer bolts, don't know if this is normal practice but I think its worth while. You can use standard EP3 front flexi hoses although it is worth while upgrading to braided hoses. You need, as you'll already of realised 20mm hub centric spacers (£90 from Tegiwa). Also something I didn't realise you need to do a small bit of cutting of the brake disc back plate, to allow the bigger calipers to be fitted. I think that's about it.

I bought a one man bleed kit from Halfords £5.99, awesome bit of kit, simple but effective. They are currently all fitted and waiting for a road test. Will probably upgrade the brake fluid at some point in the near future, the guy I bought them off mentioned the brembos do get quite hot.

excuse the dirty wheel, cars well over due a clean

And just for reference for the people looking into spacers this is with a 20mm spacer

Getting a major urge to do a track day now, still fairly sceptical about them as the last thing I want is any harm to come to my car. That said I did go down to a track day at Lydden Hill Saturday just gone and the first couple of sessions were quite quiet, so I may go to one and do maybe the first couple and last couple of sessions.

Wow you must have spent a fortune. If I win the lotto I will do what you have done lol. Being made redundant is a PAIN any luck on the job front?

I occasionally start to think about how much I've spent, I quickly stop though.:) My initial argument was I got the car for free so I can spend the cars value on it, so i did but didn't stop.:)

I've had loads of offers from Land Rovers dealers (I'm a land rover technician) but I'm trying to find somthing a bit different, maybe car sales somthing like that. If nothing different comes up though I'll have to take one of the Land Rover jobs.

Great read Darren and a very nice car! Jealous of the things you've done, but has given me some good ideas.

Can I ask how much you paid for the brakes and where you got them from? Thanks.

Cheers mate, I paid £450 for the calipers, discs, ebc pads and longer bolts. I wanted to fit fresh pads though so I bought ferodo ds2500's from tegiwa for about £100 ish.

i got them from a guy selling them on CTRO.

Just read through your thread from start to finish lovely car mate the app radio looks stunning in the eps I have one in mine keep up the good work

Cheers joe.

I've lacked a bit of affection for my car over the past couple of weeks. I think mainly because I've been sat in it in traffic for long periods going to interviews. I've had plenty of free time to clean it but I just havnt had the enthusiasm. So today I decided I'd have a dazza and civic bonding day.

It started with a once over of the engine bay (got some funny looks from passers by), gave the engine and under bonnet a scrub with a detailing brush and some G101. Gave the strut brace a polish and the plastics a coating in some autosmart plastics spray. Moved onto the bodywork gave it a wash, quick ish machine polish and glaze and topped of with some wax. Tomorrow I need to get up early ish and do the wheels, tyres,windows and hopefully the inside.

Also got round to fitting a couple of Grinspeed stickers that I've been nagging Stevie for.

Quick bump up for this thread before it falls deeper into members cars.

Going to order some oil and a filter this week to give the car a service. Need to order some to anti roll bar links aswell, as they're starting to knock. Will probably upgrade them to hard race ones and may upgrade the roll bar bushes aswell. Need to get round to book in with Alan at solid fab to get a b pipe made up as the current one keeps banging on the underside and also it's only mild steel.

I had a new pair of conti's fitted to the front as the ones on there were only just legal.

Back