• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 ice install

Ez

So because I discovered that Dotty's new head unit is :cool:, i've gone a bought a similar one :lol:

I need the following parts also, so any help suggestions would be appreciated,

FM Band converter
new Front speakers (OEM or bigger size if they fit straight in)
new Rear speakers (OEM or bigger size if they fit straight in)

Might get a little combined amp and sub If I can find a parcel shelf

You can buy my sub enclosure if you like? It's Drew's old one, so it would have cost him Breitling money when he had it built.

As for speakers, how much are you wanting to spend? I had Focal Polyglass in mine and they are fantastic, but weren't cheap (think they were 165v2).

i don't want a big sub build etc, not even going to get a sub until i find a parcel shelf.

If i do get one in te future it will just be a compact combi unit of some sort.

Think i'm going to go for 6.5 inch companents in the front with the vectra spacers so they fit, oem size in the back. FTW

Might just get it all pioneer so it matches lol

i don't want a big sub build etc, not even going to get a sub until i find a parcel shelf.

If i do get one in te future it will just be a compact combi unit of some sort.

Think i'm going to go for 6.5 inch companents in the front with the vectra spacers so they fit, owm size in the back. FTW

Might just get it all pioneer so it matches lol

It's quite small mate and fits on the right hand side, there's a 10" sub with it. I think the sub makes all the difference to a good system.

IME, you only need components in the front. You want most of the sound coming from the front for the best effect so spend a little extra on better components for the front and leave the OEM ones in the rear.

FOAD

6.5 inch with companents in the front
upgrade rears with standard size, no companents

Vectra spacers now bought
Dynamat now bought
Just got to decide on speakers :/

quite looking forward to putting all this together, used to do install all my mates ICE back in the day lol, haven't bothered in it for years though. The OEM JDM unit in the DC5 is fcuking pony. music FTW

It's quite small mate and fits on the right hand side, there's a 10" sub with it. I think the sub makes all the difference to a good system.

I could be interested in this Christoph. I need the room in the back due to the turdy and my current bun is a dirty great box which takes up most of the space. I do need a sub though. Sounds crap without.

I need 6.5 front speakers.

One of mine has gone bang in the S2000 and only having 2 speakers, this means a lot.

I also robbed a stereo off my sister.

Harv - Fit them for me ??

wft its easy, remove door card, take out broken speaker. fit new one.

unless of course they are different sizes in which case you need to make sure the new size will fit first lol

wft its easy, remove door card, take out broken speaker. fit new one.

unless of course they are different sizes in which case you need to make sure the new size will fit first lol

Yeah, thats easy, but I have all these looms and need new conectors to modify the existing loom to fit to new speakers :freak: .

Give me oil and a spanner all day but this wire stuff just frustrates me.

I could be interested in this Christoph. I need the room in the back due to the turdy and my current bun is a dirty great box which takes up most of the space. I do need a sub though. Sounds crap without.

It should keep most of the space chap. I generally design my installs with minimal intrusion to "real life". In the case of the DC5 I didn't want any "unable to lift the boot floor, no spare tyre" boll*cks, so it used the dead area over the wheelarches.

By comparison, the FD2 was easy...and the Cupra is a nightmare of packaging but it *just* fits. 4 speakers per door, 2 amps and a 10" sub in the boot :twisted:

Harv, what's your budget for fronts?

budget lol

nothing crazy man, 120ish or something. Not sure what to go for if im honest, go all pioneer or something else? liking those hertz for some reason.

anyone know if 16" fit in the rear with no adapters? i think they will by reading some posts on dc5 forum

ok so I just went with some pioneer 6.5" components for the front

cheap alpine 6" for the rears

a civic ISO (apparently this is the one I need)

Ipod/iphone cable.

It'll be ideal, it doesn't take up much room at all.

Speakers, spacers, wires, iso, headunit, dynamat all turned up yesterday. Got no car to fit it in though, DC5 is at TGM all week :lol:

Hi Chaps on a slightly related subject, do you know of anywhere that does different coloured DC5 facias or is it a Honda job and a spray can?

Back