• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 ice install

headunit in. works fine but need a new fascia as big gaps round it, just found on on ebay and bought nomnom

the infinity speakers i bought for the rear don't fit, right size but the shape just doesn't fit. kunt

havn't tried the components yet. tomorrow.

How did you get the OEM unit in? Mines an absolute ball ache!

He hasn't put an OEM unit in?

Taking them out is easy enough, two bolts at the bottom which are behind the bottom cover and then you can pull the whole cage thing out.

Sorry...me being a mong, meant out! I was looking for 2 screws, not bolts...where I was going wrong. Back out to the car I go!

Might be bolts. It's the bottom panel where the ciggy lighter is, dead easy to pull out. In there there's two bolts or screws that hold the cage thing in. I took mine out and left them out for easy access. :lol:

Done...was looking for 2 bolts that didn't exist as they'd already been whipped out!

Same with mine lol

Front speakers in, it's rocking lol

2 things went wrong though

1 cracked the drivers side door card at the top when refitting
2 got a loose wire on the soaker so need ti re do that tomorrow! lol

Just noticed that you said you needed a fascia surround...I have a spare double din one sitting on my desk :rolleyes:

rear spacers arrived, will fit rear speakers today.

Little tip, the door cards never fitted properly at the bottom, so yesterday i took them off again and there is a spacer for the original speakers moulded into them. I quickly took them off using a stanley knife and the door cards now fit perfectly.

spacers didn't work, good thing they were only a few quid.

However, where there is a will, there's a bodge which is exactly what I done.

The rears didn't fit as the screw holes pocked out too far and wouldn't go into the rear door card. So I bent them all round the back of the speaker leaving the top one as is. Screwed in the top one, got some small self tapping screws and screwed in the bent back holes into the door card creating new holes :lol: Fits like a glove, with no movement.

So all I need to do now is fit the crossovers for the front, as i couldn't be arsed at the time, this is where I need help...

Dooks, Drew - Do you know where the standard speaker wire for the fronts routes to the headunit, as I need to find that, cut it and feed them into the crossover....!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dooks, Drew - Do you know where the standard speaker wire for the fronts routes to the headunit, as I need to find that, cut it and feed them into the crossover....!

My car came with all the cabling done via an amp already so I wouldn't be able to tell you, sorry.

bass ftw, im needing it bad.

this should fit the bill nicely, got good reviews, all inclosed so will take up little space but still packs a punch with the 10" sub

Back