• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 pedal installation.

Well, i finally got mine done this morning and they look really really 8)

the only thing different is that i didnt use any screws for the clutch and brake pedals :oops:

i didnt realise that i had to drill into the present pedals, and this was something i didnt really fancy doing and also dont have the tools :oops:

taken the car out for a quick spin and they all seem fine and firm, but i guess i should really secure them down more.

blu-tak or glue...... hummm......

:p

Where can I get the DC5 pedals from, and how much are they?

Looks spot on, I want some :D

You just have to wait till someone breaks up their DC5.
You can them new from Honda but the price will be crazy expensive. Infact may cost more than Mugen pedals.

Sorted....

DSC00704.jpg

I found a local breakers yard stripping a DC5, so I went down this afternoon to collect the pedals, unfortunately the breakers didn't get round to stripping them off the car. Being somewhat inpatient I offered to take them off myself, the acceleration and the footrest are easy to remove, the brake pedal was held in place with 4 x 12mm headed bolts and a split pin. The clutch pedal was a little harder to get to due to the fuse box, but after a couple of scratches, knocks and cuts to my knuckles, all of the pedals were out....

... I followed Trungs idea of stripping the pedals down and reassembling the covers on the standard CTR pedals (I didn't think my hands could take any more abuse from stripping down a second set of pedal assemblies in one afternoon :oops: )

All that is left to do, is find 3 more of the little black self tapping screws which I have used to secure the pedal covers to he pedals.

Cheers for the original write up Trung, it saved me loads of hassle.

They look really cool, even my Pug came with them as standard!, a mod for the future I think :twisted:

That looks quality, would be cool to do but I think engine mods are needed now as I have far too many cosmetic mods :roll: :oops:

Trung, I have just taken delivery of the whole unit when I thought it would be just the pedals. Is there any benefit to using the arms or would it be easier just to stick the pedals on?

Thanks

zeffania said:
Trung, I have just taken delivery of the whole unit when I thought it would be just the pedals. Is there any benefit to using the arms or would it be easier just to stick the pedals on?

Thanks

Sorry mate I should of told ya it was arms as well....sorry :oops: :lol:

SpaceMonkey said:
zeffania said:

Thanks

Sorry mate I should of told ya it was arms as well....sorry :oops: :lol:

LOL, no worries mate I got a surprise :lol:

Fire - dont think they have another set at the moment but its the breakers I mentioned in General chat www.japperformanceparts.co.uk

Cost was £50 + £12.50 TNT

Back