• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 restoration - track project

Well at present that is a possibility.

From memory it's roughly £300 for accommodation and crossing isn't it? Then the £329 for Spa and marginal £ for a few 'Ring laps?

£800/900 ish all in for the week?

From the top of my head:
£186 for the Eurotunnel. I know it's cheaper on the Ferry but it takes much longer and it's generally more hassle.
£190 for the hotel at Spa.
£150 to stay at the 'Ring.
£4-500 on fuel.
£125 on 'Ring laps.
£??? on beer/food money.

Then the cost of the Spa trackday.

Budget things breaking/Bongard fails. I had a £7k credit card with me 'just in case'.

I've just calculated fuel costs. £300 give or take, not as bas as I thought it would be!

Thing is, if you book it all in advance you spread the cost and it works out cheaper.

Once the guys say 'yeah' to Spa again, I'll probably start booking things ASAP leaving only fuel and spending money for the trip itself.

I've even looked into a German bank account to deposit £50 or so a month into. :lol: :oops:

Who else would be potential candidates? Everyone that has just recently been?

And can you do that, set up a foreign account if you don't live or work there?

Me, Dotty, Kevin, Spencer Elver, Chris Scrace and I'm sure there's some others.

I'm not sure but I'll try.

7ecf367b056acd6e0ae3c8ab35ed39d4.jpg

I'm up for spa again on Monday 2nd October , Though I won't go to the ring on this occasion , I will likely get the tunnel over on Sunday the 1st (high vehicle crossing !) and return to the uk on Tuesday 3rd.

Better get some AD08R and pmu pads on order ..

From the top of my head:
£186 for the Eurotunnel. I know it's cheaper on the Ferry but it takes much longer and it's generally more hassle.
£190 for the hotel at Spa.
£150 to stay at the 'Ring.
£4-500 on fuel.
£125 on 'Ring laps.
£??? on beer/food money.

Then the cost of the Spa trackday.

Budget things breaking/Bongard fails. I had a £7k credit card with me 'just in case'.

My fuel was better than expected on the journey , though single figures were seen on the track ..

From the ring to the eurotunnel at Calais is approx 300 miles. , which is doable on a tank, even if you have to press on a bit to meet the crossing time ;).

From Calais to spa is approx 212 miles , which. Is not a bad drive. Mostly motorway, extra costs for the recent trip were a stay over in Folkestone , though I don't think I'd do that again as it's only 120 odd miles to the tunnel , that did break the journey up a bit but not necessary if you're a short drive from the eurotunnel in Folkestone.

Accommodation is variable depending on where you stay , Two nights in the raddison blu , is what you want really , all you need and more. That is approx £75 per night which includes breakfast/wifi , this is the best hotel for a spa trip as it's about 9 miles from the circuit but is located where all the bars / food places are.

Then there's fuel for the track day.

beer / food costs which is around 100 Euro per day depending on how much you drink of course.

I would say £1k for a trackday trip to spa is about right.

I thought I'd write up a post Spa and 'Ring report since all I've done really is post videos and pics so far! I can't remember how much I put in here but in short the primary O2 sensor has been causing me grief. It originally came on when I bought the car so swapped it for a new one which has been fine till the Kaaz diff went in. Long story short, I've had to disable the primary sensors for now till I get a chance to get it to TGM for them to look at it properly.

Also while out on circuit at Spa, the speedo stopped working and the car went into limp home mode, which as you can imagine on circuit, was pretty naffing scary! I managed to limp it back to the pits and after removing the Mugen airbox Kevin mentioned to just disable the speed sensor on the KPro. I had luckily asked him to bring a Windows laptop, USB cable and KManager due to the O2 sensor playing up. After a few calls to the Simon at PA, I managed to get in and disable the sensor which gave me VTEC back albeit no speedo or reverse selection with the ignition on! #becauseracecar

The problems did not stop there! I seem to have inherited a fuel gauge issue where when it's below half a tank it lies, it'll go from fuel light on to just under half, then in between. Also the Clifford alarm keeps making noises! So I'm not sure if I have some electrical gremlins on some random faults that are just happening at once. Because it's a Honda and it still works (to an extent), plus with me being broke because I've bought a BMW, I'm going to Mimms with it in its current state. I figure if it can do many laps of the 'Ring and a days journey home it can do a day at Rockingham.

Once I've done Mimms I'll be leaving the car at TGM with a fix it and take my money attitude before deciding on the next track day. Oh and having driven Kevin's car I want his castor top mounts, but because things generally aren't easy with cars, I need new front springs to make them fit. On the 6 month old coilovers! Apart from that and slightly numb steering due to it toeing out at the front, the car behaved faultlessly and was a complete animal on track, moving a lot of nice machinery out of the way.

Just had a read of this from start to present, awesome save Chris! Looks a brilliant set up and I can fully understand why you prefer it over the Evo.

I was worried about the same when I changed the Final Drive in my EP3 which is why I had the longer 6th gear ratio fitted at the same time. But that's not a track-only car and I like my hearing intact :lol:

Went to Mimms to drive around the track. Won't be going back to Mimms.​​

I do like Rockingham, 3rd time there I think. Bit odd as it's a left handed circuit and very hard on the right hand tyres.

Pretty happy with the performance once I got the tyre pressures sorted, the only car to go past me was my mate in a supercharged DC5. In some of the later sessions, I pretty much kept up with him (1-2 seconds a lap down or so).

Now need new front tyres, a decent clean and a trip to TGM to get the niggles sorted.

FV99qu6.jpg

PyNdfPh.jpg

f70KcNm.jpg

kS8PdBQ.jpg

I took a few if you but I think you have enough anyway lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back