• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 restoration - track project

c53c84c6d01e5a615811143a51394fd7.jpg

The Mugen airbox has arrived.

The best intake for the DC5 IMO!

I know you're not too bothered about the looks, but are you going to get a new Mugen decal for the top Chris?

Yeah, most likely will along with decals for the side of the car as the current ones are shot.

I think it's heat reflective tape. I didn't get to fit it the weekend because social life so I may do half a day at Brands with the Gruppe M and switch over intakes at lunch.

Thoughts at lunch to the effect of "can I be bothered to swap them over? Erm, no, let's get out on track." :lol:

Well the track will be closed for an hour so that won't be an option. :lol:

Seeing more and more DC5's for sale, on the road, on track and on the forums. Starting to miss mine an awful lot now!

Well the project part was getting it back on the road, now it's just a play thing. :lol:

There's 4 spare wheels with AD08R's on, two more wheels in boxes without tyres, a Mugen airbox, jack, axle stands, toolbox, oil, washer fluid, torque wrench, impact gun, helmet/gloves, warm jacket, workshop gloves, small suitcase in the passenger footwell and some other random crap.

When I think of a track day I think turn up, drive round track, drive home.

To be fair the wheels/tyres are because I will always carry a spare set now after what happened in the Evo (Michelin Cup 2 delaminated at Croft) and someone is buying one of the wheels without tyres at Brands (picking the best one). The rest is just normal tools/fluids. :) Oh yeah, I'm changing my airbox there as well.

I don't think it would have all gone in the Evo, I'd forgotten how much stuff you can fit in these with the back seats down.

40" LCD panel with AV stand, 350kg of slate floor tiles were the biggest loads I put in mine.

Back