• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Detailing perverts assemble! Rotary polishers, talk to me...

Kit arrived today. Score one for i4Detailing.

Been reading through this: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66024 Epicly good guide about the theory behind correction with an RP.

Looking forward to giving this a crack now. Although I have a feeling I should get myself a paint gauge...

Edit - Just seen how expensive they are, FDS.

[video=youtube;lpCbCRGg9Xg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpCbCRGg9Xg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kit arrived today. Score one for i4Detailing.

Been reading through this: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66024 Epicly good guide about the theory behind correction with an RP.

Looking forward to giving this a crack now. Although I have a feeling I should get myself a paint gauge...

Edit - Just seen how expensive they are, FDS.

Can you tell Dave is a teacher? ;)

Seriously though, if you can borrow a paint gauge if you're going about correcting your paint, do it, as it will show you where to go careful, not just on seams and edges. Obviously you can do it 'blind' if you're careful all the way, but you are guessing what you have to play with....

best standup show EVER. russell peters only just in second place.

Raw and Delerious are both hamazing, I love the little send up on the start of Beverly Hills Cop as well. :D

Can you tell Dave is a teacher? ;)

Seriously though, if you can borrow a paint gauge if you're going about correcting your paint, do it, as it will show you where to go careful, not just on seams and edges. Obviously you can do it 'blind' if you're careful all the way, but you are guessing what you have to play with....

Yeah really, show your working now kids!

It is a bit of a worry not having a good understanding of much paint I've got to work with, but offset against the cost of a decent gauge and how much I can get a panel resprayed for... there's not a lot in it. Risk/reward/out of pocketness, I think I'll chance it (famous last words lol).

edit - Unless anyone has a spare paint gauge they fancy lending me? ;)

I do have a people carrier to practice on (reminds me, must get that thread up), which I'll be doing over the weekend to get a feel for the technique with this RP. I've used a couple of the past, but always good to have a free panel to play on with a new RP. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
How did this go Scruffy?

Im looking into having my marred swirls sorted but a local detailer wants £220 for it, I would rather have a go myself 1st for that price. Im not sure what I will need.

I never actually got around to doing the car in the end, time ran out and life just swung in and took over. Very inconsiderate people getting married, having children, and holidays and such... :rolleyes:

I'm planning on giving the Teg a wash/clay and it's winter coat soon so I may as well give this a crack as well. Keep you posted. :)

Yup full correction detail for 2 days. You really think thats good? Ive no idea tbh. I thought for that cash I could buy the stuff and try it myself and learn to be able to do it again and again. Well tbh what ever I touch turns to **** so maybe its worth it.

Yep seems a good price if they're a proven detailer. I wouldn't try rotary yourself without any practice / lessons.

Yup full correction detail for 2 days. You really think thats good? Ive no idea tbh. I thought for that cash I could buy the stuff and try it myself and learn to be able to do it again and again. Well tbh what ever I touch turns to **** so maybe its worth it.

Thats seems like a lot of work in a short space of time! (Plus really cheap) I spend 2-3 days on enhancements and 4-10 days on full correction to do it safely, depending how bad the car is, removing as little clearcoat as possible...

Make sure they're fully insured, if you do go with them, just to cover your car against any damage that could be caused.

http://www.autoelitedetailing.co.uk/index.php?page=about-us

(sorry for thread high jacking here, ive gone off the idea of ballsing it up myself)

His name is Ian and ive booked it in for end of next month. He going to use Gtechniq C2 Liquid Crystal instead of Opti-seal which he would use as standard. He seems to know his stuff and with that product it will be £250 for the weekend. Ive seen a different older webpage of his work and whet he used to carbon wrap and he has a high standard. One guy he wouldnt carbon wrap his bumper as he wouldnt get the finish he would be happy with.

Heres what he replied in the last email.
You won't need to polish or wax your car. All you need to do is clean it. The sealants last approx 6-8 months then its advisable to reapply the sealant. I can give you advice on how to do this when I see you.

All you will need is a good shampoo, id would recommend the Gtechniq Gwash to clean it. A small bottle is £8.95, you can get it from me or Gtechniq it's 250ml but that would last you a year as you only use a couple of capfuls per wash.

I will also advise you on the best wash technique to keep your car looking its best. Once I've completed your car I am always available via phone, tx or email if you require any information or help on cleaning products and procedures etc.

I will judge by results I guess but so far im happy with what hes thinking and saying. He will do a better job then myself and I think id end up like Scooby and buy all the gear but never get round to doing it.

I take it the marring is the clear coat that is scuffed and the paint is sitting underneath this? If thats so how do milanos go pink, is that the UV penetrating the clear coat and creating oxygen on the layer of actual paint?

Back