• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Direct Line Insurance - Modified Cars

Well I just phoned up to ask a general question about my policy which is due at the end of July, and was advised that due to changes at Direct Line when a policy expires this year they will be no longer insuring any car that has been modified to increase BHP and handling. That sucks! :mad:

So thinking ahead, can anyone recommend an insurance company that allows cars to be modified with out charging too much. I paid £480 this year including my mods but next renewal I will adding a strut bars (front/back).

Any info will of great help.

Elephant/Admiral give good quotes then ring up Adrian Flux and let them beat their price.

admiral and elephant are the same company, they share the same call centre. they are one of the cheaper insurance co's for civic type r's. put your mum as a named driver on the policy and assuming she is under 60, has had no crashes or points in the last 5 years it will take a further 10-15% off. she doesn't even have to drive it ever.

admiral and elephant are the same company, they share the same call centre. they are one of the cheaper insurance co's for civic type r's. put your mum as a named driver on the policy and assuming she is under 60, has had no crashes or points in the last 5 years it will take a further 10-15% off. she doesn't even have to drive it ever.

This is what i did. Gave me 30% off in my first year of CTR ownership

Elephant/Admiral give good quotes then ring up Adrian Flux and let them beat their price.

Adrian Flux have never beaten any of my quotes for my CTRs, usually around double of Bell who I'm with now. I think they just don't like me...

Diamond and possibly Sheilas Wheels are the same as Admiral/Elephant too IIRC.

And Bell....

Elephant quoted me £1800 (if I paid monthly) and Adrian Flux quoted £1300 (if I paid monthly). Elephant weren't prepared to drop their prices and it sounded like they didn't believe me :lol: so I told them to poke it.

Elephant quoted me £1800 (if I paid monthly) and Adrian Flux quoted £1300 (if I paid monthly). Elephant weren't prepared to drop their prices and it sounded like they didn't believe me :lol: so I told them to poke it.

£1800? My first year at 24 with 2 years NCB & living in London was £1500 ish and with the old dear on it dropped to just under £1k iirc.

£1800? My first year at 24 with 2 years NCB & living in London was £1500 ish and with the old dear on it dropped to just under £1k iirc.

Yeah they quoted £1500 (£300 extra for the credit facility), 4 years driving, 4/5years ncb, two accidents, exhaust as a modification, no points/bans etc with my mum as named driver. The problem was eventhough the accidents weren't my fault and I didn't lose my no claims they still stung me on it.
I think my postcode isn't good because compared to my friends my insurance has allways been higher, eventhough the town I live in has the pikey scum bags all over the place.

Yeah they quoted £1500 (£300 extra for the credit facility), 4 years driving, 4/5years ncb, two accidents, exhaust as a modification, no points/bans etc with my mum as named driver. The problem was eventhough the accidents weren't my fault and I didn't lose my no claims they still stung me on it.
I think my postcode isn't good because compared to my friends my insurance has allways been higher, eventhough the town I live in has the pikey scum bags all over the place.

Get a 12 month 0% APR credit card & wong it on there.

Adrian Flux have never beaten any of my quotes for my CTRs, usually around double of Bell who I'm with now. I think they just don't like me...

And Bell....

Yeah I'm with Bell, 22, 0 no claims, induction kit declared and is only £1k, which bearing my age and no no claims is amazing. parents are on as secondary drivers of course though

I phoned up this evening to be told the same regarding mods, didn't make a difference removing the AEM CAI so i just left it on there until policy expires, need to start thinking about another insurer. Being in NI makes it a bit more complicated too, most performance insurers don't cover NI

Back