• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Disc screws!

I always use an impact screwdriver to remove them as they are always too tight to remove by hand even if I only tighten then up finger tight with some copper grease on the threads.

A couple of skelps with an impact driver frees them off easily.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

It was the reason I bought my impact wrench, your lucky the head of the screw is still usable. Imo keep trying with an impact wrench till something gives, worst case is drill it out afterwards or cut the disc with an angle grinder

You can use a centre punch to make a small dent on the flat outside part of the head. Then tilt the centre punch at an angle and tap it round with a hammer.

Does that make sense?

I've drilled them out in the past where I've destroyed the head of the bolt. Sometimes they're just rusted up to fcuk and you don't want to be putting pentrating fluid on a brake disc.

They don't really do anything other than hold the disc in place whilst you change your brake pads. The hub studs provide the clamping and radial resistance. You can run without them no problem and I have done on a couple of cars.

Meant to add that you can buy stainless steel srews from ebay that have an alanhead slot rather than screwdriver. They should be a lot easier to remove and cost around £2.70 ish for 8

Glad I'm not the only one whos had trouble with these. Had to drill one out when I replaced my rears.

+3 with the center punch method, Just run without them.. They are only there to "hold" the disk while the wheel is off, i have left them out of my cars before with no problems.

Back