• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DIY: Volvo Lip (1990-1994 VOLVO 740 N 940)

DIY Volvo Lip (1990-1994 VOLVO 740 N 940) [borrowed from ephatch.com]

Tools Needed:

Screw gun
Screw Driver
Utility Knife
Sharpie
Heat Gun
3/4" Self Tapping Screws
Jack and Jack stands
Volvo Lip

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

Step 1: By using the two original holes in the lip center on the bumper and mark with arrows.

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

Step 2:

Cut off all the tabs and cut some slits so the lip will fit flush and bend easier.

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Step 3:

Use the two original holes in the lip and line it up with your marks. At this point you want to put a screw in each hole.

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

Step 4:

Now that the lip is centered slowly work your way down each side and screw off the lip (I did one side first then the other). Make sure the lip is even along the bumper before you screw it off. Also using a heat gun helps make the lip more flexible and easier to move around. You can use as many screws as you feel necessary.

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Step 5:

At this point the lip should all be screwed off and on the bumper. By using a sharpie, draw a line to your liking as a guide to cut along. Again using the heat gun here will make the cut go much more smoothly and easier.

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

Step 6:

You are all done and this was a piece of cake. It took me about 45 min all by myself so if you have a friend help it can go a lot faster.

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

I realise it's all personal preference but that looks like a really complicated way of making the EP3 look worse.

Good on you for trying something different but I prefer the regular lip kit styles.

Please notice I said "borrowed for ephatch" meaning it's not my post, simply sharing it. I'm not a fan of it either but someone might like it.

Some of the stuff coming out of the states is fantastic. The S2000 scene is amazing.

Some of the stuff isn't so good.

Thanks for sharing :) .

It looks like a mud guard/splash guard, that comes on the EP3's from stock which sits underneath the front end of the car.I'm not sure it's worth the hassle either.

I think it looks ok, better than without imo. But being matt grey you probably struggle to notice it anyway. I personally would have had it in white.

Looking at the existing scratch marks on the underside of the bumper though, it won't be long before it gets knocked off and probably driven over at the same time.

Back