• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

do i need a HAMP filter for my EP3?

First of all can someone tell me what a HAMP filter is? all i hear is that they are a good thing especially for honda's.
I dont understand what they are or how they are fitted. Advice??
Thanks

i tend to change my oil after either 6000 miles or 6 months and change the filter every 10-12000 miles or 12 months.

its easy to change it when doing an oil change. i usually get a bit of sandpaper and wrap it around the filter to unscrew it.

i use silkolene pro s/ fuchs titan pro r 5w40 oil aswell, it's great stuff.

As said they are fine but a bit pointless as the standard OEM works perfectly.

i will do mine soon, i tend to use mobil 1 0w-40 but ive heard good things about the silkolene so think i will swap at some point. Thanks for the help mate

HAMP Synergy are aftermarket products designed by Honda and are a step up from the "Honda Original Parts" products. Not meant to compete with racing products, however, these pieces are quality.
The HAMP oil filter can be used on any Honda, but was specifically designed for use in the VTEC and iVTEC cars in mind.
Features include a unique release valve that dynamically adjusts to the conditions within the filter to keep the oil flow and pressure constant. The HAMP oil filter will last longer and filter better than any of the oil filters currently on the market.

thankyou for the advice and info. I will be buying these in the near future from now on then. Anything to keep my engine well maintained and lasting longer is worth the money.

i also have hamp filter and also running silkolene / fuschs never had problems runs fine, just reminded me though i may need a oil change soon too

are these hamp filters easy to replace, ive never done one before, gonna do a full oil change on mine soon, its lookin abit dirty. still using mobil 1 0w-40

most HAMPs end with the number 205, if you get a 215 item ( f series s2k etc) these are slightly smaller and on a K series increase the oil pressure slightly i'm lead to believe

Im going to get one, they have tegiwa ones on ebay for £6.99. Do you only change them when doing a full oil change then?? How many litres will it take when doing a full change?

Back