• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

do i need a HAMP filter for my EP3?

I have a friend who works at BP, developing the stuff. Doing tests on other brands of oil and comparing it to the competition. This includes the Silkolene.

The Edge 0W30 is around £30-£35 from Halfords usually. Perfect.

fair enough mate, i'll take your word for it, you seem to know what your talking about. I will get the castrol if i can get it for the same price as the silkolene. I dont have a clue about oil to be honest, dont understand what the numbers mean or anything!!

This Silkolene has been pushed a lot by Oilman. I reckon it's because there is more margin on it than other brands :lol:

I suspect there's an element of truth there. I can get Silkolene bike stuff cheaper from my favourite bike shop than from Opie anyway.

if the silkolene does the job and suits the engine and is also fairly cheap then its worth going for. But yeah i agree that oilman probobly makes a few extra quid selling this becuase he does push it very hard!! He also sells the castrol edge that JamesT was telling me about but its pretty expensive, i think a 4l bottle of the castrol was about 8 quid dearer than 5l of the silkolene

I use whatever the fcuk TGM put in my cars, never a blown engine so I guess it's working.

This thread is very interesting.
Im on the same boat as your civic2fast4u.
An amatuer at this servicing stuff and trying to learn so i can service my own car :p.

I have used Mobil 0w-40, Silkolene 5w-40. I found I topped up the oil more often with the Mobil and with the Silkolene it used very little.

I will move onto the Castrol next :lol:

When I went to halfords last week and give them my reg plate, they said 5w30 fully synthetic, is this right because it seems that every one used 0w30 ?

Back