• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Do I really need a sub?

It's a nice bit of kit. Fills the music with bass nicely. We turned it up to see how much poke it had, and it had enough to actually want to turn the bass level down.

So thumbs up from me!

Wow that Hardly takes up any room at all, I had 2 12" planet audio big bang subs in mine but had to get rid because i could only fit a tiny bag in the boot :(

I need to go in my loft more often.

Just found this. Its a 8" sub in a box about 100mm deep. Along with a 4 channel 400w Amp and wiring kit.

Can bridge two channel for the sub then run front components of the other two and do away with the rear speakers...

13f8c26c.jpg

Result, although I'm not sure you'll get much from an 8" in the boot of an FD2. I ended up running a 12 to get the required performance.

That reminds me, I need to dispose of my builds from the FD...no use to me anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2 unused still boxed 12" JBL subs at home if anyone is interested? £30 quid a pop.

300watt IIRC

No? I dont want number plate rattling performance. Just something for better low freq

Last edited by a moderator:
No? I dont want number rattling performance. Just something for better low freq

I'm with you on that, I prefer a balanced system rather than ooomsh-ooomsh bass. But remember it's at the other end of the car, and has a bulkhead and seat back to get through. 8's are great for response (I have a pair in the rear deck of the SL, about 3ft from my head) but just don't have the guts to really push through anything - I fear you won't get the result you're looking for.

If it were a hatchback it would be a different story. My E-class only has a 10" Hertz Mille; because it's an estate there's nothing in the way so it doesn't need more than that, even though it's the same size as the Ark Royal.

Hmmm... I suppose it worth a shot still as its not going to cost me anything. My Saturday sorted

Hmmm... I suppose it worth a shot still as its not going to cost me anything. My Saturday sorted

Indeed - the amp will probably still have the guts to drive a bigger sub if you need it, and that bit is easy to change :)

I met a guy from talk audio once who had two 8s in a ported box, was pretty impressive. It should be enough to give you a "fuller" sounding system.

Back