• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Donington Track Days

Sunday 27th November
Sunday 11th December
Sunday 18th December

£99 Full sessioned day track days

Im booking next week for Caterham testing, anyone else up for it?

Caroline Blythe (0)1332 819 503

Normally very strick on the noise levels, until I can get mine a little quieter will have to give them a miss

That is cheap. It was £150 through MAC. Its a great track with loads of run of areas if you get it wrong. :D

donald said:
That is cheap. It was £150 through MAC. Its a great track with loads of run of areas if you get it wrong. :D

Erm I think you mean Bruntingthorpe ;) Donnington is not as forgiving

The only thing that would worry me this time of year is the weather, although my mate did one late in the year and Donny as they put the prices on like that, its hard to miss the chance and he was lucky and it stayed dry.

You can book them direct from there website too I think and they have some good prices on them too :D

Carl

:lol: Im not worried about the weather :cry: i know its going to be cold and wet :lol: im drilling some holes in the floor to let the water out :lol:

:lol: Bugger...dont fancy following that clio with my 120BHP :lol:
Ill be the only one in a fully caged 7, so anyone who wants to say hello, just pop along, its the day after the forum christmas bash, so i think i may take it easy in the morning :lol:

Oh and by a few places free i mean a LOT! not one person in the expert group so it might be 2 groups only = more track time!

(Im going out in the noddys and beginners group at 9am as its the first track outing in the caterham and the suspension will have no setup at all :lol: )

One question, do you have to have a racing license? I have one, but i dont think its a high grade, cant remember what it is, not used it in ages :?

Also, how do you sort insurance out? If your company doesnt cover you, can you get insurance else where for the day?

no you don't need a licence or insurance, bend it you ment it policy.

erm, CCI do trackday insurance at about 1% value charge, 10% excess.

i wouldn't bother, and just take it steady.

/y0z

Yup, no race licence for track days, only need them for testing days.
Insurance... personally i dont bother, its about £220 per day for me and thats with a £2700 excess and only one person i know has done that much damage on a trackday.
They are uber fun though, just having a laugh with like minded people normally.
Problem in the caterham is that it corners a lot faster than anything else but will do 100mph flat out, so you get passed down the straights and held up in the corners and then bollocked for passing on the brakes :oops:

I know that feeling, NSX will do 140+ on Dunlop straight !!
But then again corners pretty good as well :)
Just need to sort the brakes out.

SOates82 said:
Problem in the caterham is that it corners a lot faster than anything else but will do 100mph flat out, so you get passed down the straights and held up in the corners and then bollocked for passing on the brakes :oops:

Might pop up, might bring a friend and go halves and have a play in my car, altho its a 1.4 :? :lol:

Anyone know where i can get my car tested for how loud it is? As it aint quiet :shock:

MOT station should be able to test it for £5

Come along, it will be a laugh, Silky (CTR owner) is coming along as well!
Your 1.4 will whoop me down the straignts! :lol:

It wont whoop anything! :shock: :lol:

Your in a caterham arnt you? :lol:

98db but they only testit as you drive past the end of pit lane, so if you lift off the throttle early you can get away with it... not that i have ever done that :oops:

:lol:

Well, dont think mine'll be that loud as its only a 1.4 :?

But with a Spoon N1, De-cat and straight through centre pipe with no silencers = :oops:

bah! give it a go! should be a laugh as there are no pit buildings left, so everyone will be in the main pits area huddled around Garrys Gas stove again :lol:

Heh i dont need pits :p Nothing exactly to setup on my car, its standard bar exhaust system and a few bobs :lol:

Arrive and drive! 8)

Really tempted to buy an old car now, and make it into a track day car, no idea where to start though :?

Just taken out my rear seats in preparation for track day :p

Back