• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Doodle's UN staff car

The E-class has barely left the driveway, and I'm off looking at the UN's favourite limo :lol:

IMG_7641_zps6e1b6d8f.jpg

IMG_7643_zpsa06721f2.jpg

IMG_4501_zps3d64ee3d.jpg

Good provenance, plenty of trick bits and all the right preventative maintenance.

Nice. When you say right preventative maintenance do you mean it's had the radiator replaced/coolant replaced often etc.? If it's anything like the 2.2 smoker tubbies in the older Surfs and Eminas they're prone to overheating and cracking/warping heads.

Like you say, correct maintenance and they'll run forever more. Run on veg oil too. :D

Nice. When you say right preventative maintenance do you mean it's had the radiator replaced/coolant replaced often etc.? If it's anything like the 2.2 smoker tubbies in the older Surfs and Eminas they're prone to overheating and cracking/warping heads.

Like you say, correct maintenance and they'll run forever more. Run on veg oil too. :D

This is the last iteration of the 4.2s, so pretty much bomb proof and avoids the big end bearing issues that the earlier 80s had. The main issues are that the earlier cars (98/99) had a weaker front diff and issues with a washer/spacer in the torque converter breaking up; the AHC (Citroen style height adjustable suspension and shocks) can be problematic and expensive to fix.

However, mine's been fitted with an ARB locking diff and had the gearbox fully rebuilt about 4 yrs ago. It's had the AHC removed and replaced with a set of trick Fox remote res shocks. It's also had the fluids changed religiously, the previous owner really has done a proper job. Only 100k on the clock so loads of life left in it.

That's a beast :eek:

16' long, 6'4 wide. Once I pick it up I'll try and get some comparison pics next to a "normal" car.

This will replace the green one, I need to transfer my winch and lights across and finish off a couple of little jobs before selling it.

A guy down the road has one of these and he's always tinkering with it. Probably never seen an off road circuit in its life either tbh.

:lol: I've seen a few that only ever challenge the car park in Sainsburys.

This one's already been to the Sahara, hopefully I'll have collected it in time for my weekend on Salisbury Plain.

Yes, in the same way as Beard needs a 500hp Porker. :lol:

It's quiet, relaxing and can go pretty much anywhere while carrying several people and a tonne of crap in comfort. It means I can do the 1000 mile run to my dad's place non stop, and drive up the hillside to the house when I get there.

It's quiet, relaxing and can go pretty much anywhere while carrying several people and a tonne of crap in comfort. It means I can do the 1000 mile run to my dad's place non stop, and drive up the hillside to the house when I get there.

Which is entirely the point.

Can it fit more booze in than the E Class?

Back