• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Edy's DC5 Build up Thread..Carbon wrap page 10 !

Tony where did you get your rocker cover done ?

You could go nuts with this, scuttles, wing mirrors, the lot :eek:.........

Once you start you can't stop ...:eek:
Plus this is so verstile to use, you screw up with it just re-heat and cover.

3M Di-Noc is one great material, I did some parts in my B-class merc (because as it was oiginally, it was boring)

4c606d6703ef6.jpg

It's too easy to go bananas with this stuff if you're not careful.
After all How much is Too Much?

Just have to decide what bit of the motor need the Carbon Lovin'.

Few more bits added..

Decided the old rocker cover needed a spruce up->
14-3.jpg

15-5.jpg

Powder coated.
16-3.jpg

Fitted in the dark.standard.

17-3.jpg

18-2.jpg

19-1.jpg

Colour needed on the 'Honda' emblem I think ;)

Plus front Discs & Pads being fitted tomorrow.

20-2.jpg

:cool:

Loving the rocker cover! :cool: I'd just sand the lettering to bring it back to silver, I actually like to very simple black/white theme you've got going, without introducing another colour.

Paint dat Honda Logo. Black IMO.
Or this.

Looking good man.

I think the 'Honda' lettering sanded down to metal/silver looks so professional :cool: looks great on the embossed calipers, and avoids a fiddily paint job on small lettering.

Is the grille not black anyway? Or are you referring to the C/W bit, that the Red 'H' holder fits on to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking rather tasty there buddy. Can't wait to see it later today

This.

Chris,I've done black and white without really thinking about it :eek:

Front grill black next ;)

Surprised you haven't gone for a smudge of carbon on the grille and mirror caps.

Should be a piece of **** if you can get the spoiler off the car. Clear lines to work to etc.

The carbon stuff is not designed for external use though, so keeping it looking good maybe difficult.

Should be a piece of **** if you can get the spoiler off the car. Clear lines to work to etc.

The carbon stuff is not designed for external use though, so keeping it looking good maybe difficult.

Do you think it could be like... Sealed? Covered in gloss laquer? I don't know if this would look ****, or work well. I think you'd want it to be shiny if it was external.

And yeah the spoiler is 3-part.

Looking good man.
Is the grille not black anyway? Or are you referring to the C/W bit, that the Red 'H' holder fits on to?

Yes that's the bit, would make the front end look like a facelift DC5...sort of, plus it would keep my Black & White theme going ;)

Do you think it could be like... Sealed? Covered in gloss laquer? I don't know if this would look ****, or work well. I think you'd want it to be shiny if it was external.

And yeah the spoiler is 3-part.

It would be easier to buy 3M exterior grade vinyl wrap, you can get this from ebay.

Back