• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ELD.....

Guys

As some of you will know, my car hasnt really been 100% since it was fixed after my accident.

The revs are still dipping to 500rpm and despite checking the aux belt etc as per Si suggestion, i took it to Honda this morning.

They plugged in the laptop and found 2 error codes, one of them relating to the ICV which they resolved, but the other relates to the ELD which is within the fuse box under the bonnet.

Unfortuntely for me, this ELD cant be replaced on its own so they will have to order in a complete fuse box which will cost £130 + vat and then fitting on top so i'm looking at a bill of around £230.

I'm just really annoyed that all that been wrong with the car is obviously due to my accident and stupid insurance co (A-Plan/Marker Study) didnt pay everything to get it all fixed :evil: :evil: :evil:

TBH, i just want my car all fixed and 100% so i can enjoy driving her again.

Gary

Oh, apparently my dealer had 4 other Type R over the last couple of months with the same problem.........

gary i would be inclined to sell your CTR for a reasonable price. then spend circa £1K more and get one that is about 18 months newer with lower milage.

that is if you still want another CTR of course.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

It has crossed my mind but there just isnt anything in the market i really like at the moment.

With Susan with the Mazda 6- ie the big family car, i will be looking at a small family car like the Mazda 2 or equilvant (sp) but i dont want to let go of the Type R yet.

I think if this ELD doesnt resolve this then maybe its time to move on....

:smt022

console.gif

Will you get the car fixed this week Gary?

Please do not leave us.. :(

Raj

as per our emails and PMs- i really dont want to sell up, not just yet anyways, but if this ELD thing doesnt resolve things, then maybe its just time to move on :(

The parts are in the country so my dealer should get it in the morning, they will call me to confirm so i can either had it done straight away or most likely be booked in first thing on friday and it should only take 30-60mins to do the job.

Susan is away from Friday until Wednesday so was planning to take the car out on friday or sunday to re-do the MAC course and just enjoy my car again.

Hopefully that would be it so we'll see.......

Will keep everyone posted.

Gary

Well, i went down to my honda dealer this morning and they replaced the whole bonnet fuse box and everything seems fine :eek:

Went on a half day drive along half of the MAC course and this had me loving my R again :cool:

With any luck, it will stay trouble free so fingers crossed.

The only down side to all this is the fact that i had to fork out £240 to get this done, so together with cleaning the ICV, i had to pay out a total of £680 to get my car right again (£300 insurance excess and £380 "extra" work carried out).

Gary

Back