• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Build

decided to get my engine forged and cammed here is the spec i was thinking of

skunk 2 stage 2 cams
skunk 2 springs and retainers
skunk 2 cam gear exhaust
skunk 2 cam gear intake
skunk 2 tensioner
skunk 2 74mm throttle body
ported rbc manifold
hondata gasket
je 12-4-1 forged pistons
carillo forged rods
cometic head gasket
425cc injectors
arp head bolts
block guard
acl main bearings
acl big end bearings
acl thrust bearing
master seal kit
stem oil seal kit

any advice and comments welcome

Hello!

Why bother with a cometic head gasket? I much prefer OEM. If your using it to shave the CR why not just spec the correct pistons for the job.
Some nice bits going into it but seems quite a heavy duty build if your staying NA but good luck on it:D

Sorry I thought I had posted in the welcome section when joined last year
Yeah already got kpro dc mani kakimoto cat back and aem cai
No dmf are not doing the work why what's wrong with them

I was just asking as when I see people forging, alot of the time its a shed built engine from DMF which explodes :lol:

Hey. I would swap out the RBC for the RRC or Skunk2 as they work better at higher states of tune as the RBC in comparison runs out of puff sooner.

Also why the forged bottom end? if you are going to that much trouble why not look at a 24/20 conversion? cannot see with your state of tune that a forged bottom end would be needed. Unless you are going F/I at some point, or for super high revs?

Apart from that I have similar spec valve train to you, except I have the stage 3 cams and the Skunk2 inlet, check my build thread...

a see dmf engines on ebay are they crap ? am wanting to go up to 2.2 and i thought about buying an engine ready built

how much would it cost to get your engine built or strokered to say 2.2 say am waiting to hear back from tdi any info would help ?

a final edition 55 plate I've already got quaiffe diff and a stage 1 rotrex supercharger on it in the process of doing the brakes the now ?

Hello

That is going to be a very expensive way of not making much power im afraid. You really need to look at stroking the bottom end, raising the compression and working with a stage 3 cam to make decent N/A power.

Back