• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Disable pushing clutch for startup

Below is a pic of the two wires you cut and wire together. It is right at the top of the clutch pedal...you can't miss them. There is a green and a black wire going to this plug on the right. Cut them and wire them together...I just used electrical tape cuz I'm ghetto but you can get fancy on it if you want.
224275162.jpg

(from ephatch.com)

i dont understand? i dont have to drop the clutch in my 2005 55 plate ep3 to start the car, should you have to do this though???

I believe this is a USDM issue.

They include a circuit to prevent you starting the car without having the clutch depressed.

meh.

You learn something new everyday! :D

Our cars won't start unless you press the clutch, every manual car is like that here.

meh.

You learn something new everyday! :D

Our cars won't start unless you press the clutch, every manual car is like that here.

I wonder if that's associated with so many US cars being auto, and thus having to have the brake pressed for startup?

My mum's '08 Audi A3 needs the clutch pressing to start too, looks like they all could be heading this way....... thank the idiots who don't check their car is in neutral before they start it. :roll:

It is the same for JDM cars.. Well it was with my DC5 anyway.

Strange. Mine, and as far as I knew, all DC5's require the clutch to be pressed when starting.

Mine was the same, I couldn't start it when I picked it up @ Livvy & Paul's.
Defo a JDM thing Tone, might be worth checking the wires buddy?

I start all cars & bikes with the clutch in, save practice incase it's in gear, plus it means the starter motor doesn't have the additional load of a cold gearbox too.

I start all cars & bikes with the clutch in, save practice incase it's in gear, plus it means the starter motor doesn't have the additional load of a cold gearbox too.

I just always check mine's in neutral, even though I always leave it in neutral.

Foxy's DC5 needs the clutch depressed, but this is something I have always done as I always park in gear. Agree with Lee, helps the car too so it is good practice :cool:

You must have a fake JDM DC5 lol
Yeah, one of those European DC5's eh :rolleyes:.

My DC5 was originally imported by Dicksons of Perth. Would be interesting to know if they are responsible for the modification, or whether it was done in Japan? Anyone else on here with a DC5 from Dicksons who can shed any light?

I work at a toyota garage all near enough all new toyota you have to depress the clutch to start.

Back